Rescue from Los Angeles Craigslist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seacow

Yup, I think it has to be Chance, Kevin(the human beardie) is in agreement. It's a lovely name for a girl and it has plenty of meaning! :D

SarahUK

There's nothing wrong with Polly and personally i think it's a beautiful name, but in this instance i think Chance is perfect :mrgreen:

dna14

Sub-Adult Member
How is Chance doing? My heart is breaking for the others that guy had :cry: I'm so glad you got her! I'm afraid to look at craigslist or anywhere for rescues anymore, we have no more room and facing maybe losing our home in a couple months. But if it happens we will rent, and our babies that we already have will be safe. Congrats on your new beardie!

nrich

Original Poster
Chance is doing better today. I set up her new tank and she's spending time under her MVB as we speak. I'm still worried about her eyes. I gave her a bath and she scratched at her eyes after she dunked her head under the water. It almost looks like she doesn't have full outer eyelids anymore. I can see her inner lids even when she is sleeping. She doesn't have any problems seeing though, so it might not be too bad. She also hasn't eaten much. She's had a couple of bites of squash baby food with calcium and I've offered her some kale, shredded carrots and blueberries, but she isn't interested. I am going to offer her some dubia roaches tonight. I get the feeling that she may never have had many veggies before.

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Sorry to hear about her eyes. We'll keep her in our prayers. Hope the vet can help.
Keep up the great work. She will be sooooo happy with you. :D

Sandy H

nrich

Original Poster
she was looking good this morning. I think her eyes are actually doing a little better. She doesn't like to get water in them though. She still hasn't eaten much. Just a little baby food. I'm going to make an appointment to see the vet this weekend. I'll take a few pics when I get home from work.

nrich

Original Poster
Well, I have good news and bad news...

The good news is that Chance finally ate. She wouldn't touch the dubias, ate one cricket, won't touch the greens yet, but she ate 7 extra large mealworms covered in squash baby food and dusted with calcium powder. She was uninterested in the worms until they finally drowned in the squash. I'm going to try mixing in some finally chopped mustard greens tomorrow to see if she will try a bit.

Now the bad news. I couldn't find my camera, so no adorable pics of Chance with yellow baby food all over her face. Sorry guys. :D I promise to post some update pics soon.

nrich

Original Poster
Here's Chance! She just had a bath/long drink of water and then she ate 10 crickets and 2 dubia roaches. She then proceeded to try to take a flying leap off my shoulder. I think she's going to make it. :lol:

Here she is sitting on her log after her bath:
101_3198.jpg

She's got some lovely yellow showing up on her head now.
101_3195.jpg

She's giving me the stinkeye. I don't think she likes the camera that much.
stinkeye.jpg

I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again: Thank You All SOOOOO Much For All Your Support. Thank you for introducing me to Chance. I feel so lucky and honored to have found such a wonderful group of people to share my beardy adventure with. Thank you again and again and again!!!

carmallarm

Hatchling Member
Nicole; Thanks for posting new pics of Chance! It's very exciting to see how much better she's looking. :D That picture with the light coming down in rays around her head is an awesome shot!! Just wait until she sheds for you! I'm sure there's some brighter coloration (maybe more yellow!) just waiting to show itself with proper nutrition and hydration.

As for getting her to eat, Beardies can be finicky eaters. Just try a bunch of different combinations, and you'll find one that works. If Chance doesn't like greens, try chopping them up very small and mixing her live food in it. She'll figure it out eventually by the yummy bits of vegetables she picks up with each mouthful of live feeders. If she doesn't like her greens, just try a couple of different kinds. Some Beardies love kale, others love escarole, others prefer mustard greens, etc. Just dust everything she eats with a bit of multivitamin and calcium powder. As she gains strength, she'll hopefully become curious about different kinds of foods once she knows she can anticipate her next meal, and she'll start to try out new things.

My male BD, Draco, wouldn't touch his food, no matter how hungry he was, unless it had some mealworms mixed in, while my female BD, Sunny, will eat just about anything, any time. As long as they're pooping, you know they're okay! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom