Rescue from Los Angeles Craigslist

Status
Not open for further replies.

nrich

Well, here she is. She looks better than the pic that the guy posted, but she still isn't in the best condition. She is really dehydrated and sluggish. I set up a MVB for her and she ate a little squash baby food mixed with calcium powder. The most immediate problem is her eye. It looks like it might have been infected and is now healing. Her outer eyelid looks like it might be necrotic. I hope she won't lose the eye. She also has some pretty bad looking scales on her stomach.

101_3191.jpg

newgall.jpg

The cage is temporary until I can buy the bigger one tomorrow. Maggie decided to keep her company.

101_3192.jpg

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
Wow! That picture on CraigsList definitely did not do her any justice. She's a very lucky girl. How is her personality? Have you named her yet.

Thanks again Nicole. Beardie rescue is not for everyone, but this girl is so much better off with you.

Looking forward to watching her thrive.

nrich

Original Poster
We haven't named her yet. So far she is really gentle, but that could really be because she is so dehydrated and cold. When we went to pick her up, the guy was carrying in his arms and just handed her to us. I talked to him for a while and it seems the reason he is getting rid of her is he wants to get a german giant to mate with his male dragon. I feel so sorry for the dragons he still has. He told me that he keeps them out of the cage most of the time. As far as I could tell, he didn't provide basking areas.

ehk10

You are great for recuing her. O signatures, what does 3.1 cats and 0.1 bearded dragons, and 0.0.1 russian tortoises mean?

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
nrich, im so glad you got her!! It looks like that could of been old battle wounds but now healing! You are a saint!! I think he should learn how to take care of his dragons before even attempting on breeding!!!!!! He is the type of person that makes reptiles and animals have a bad name!! People like that should seriously be kicked in the head!!!! He reminds me of those kinda people that fight dogs!! Just DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!! Again thank you so much for saving this little girl!!! And again you are a SAINT!!!!!!!! Good luck and if there is anything we can do just im or pm me!!!!

nrich

Original Poster
ehk10":76fb1 said:
You are great for recuing her. O signatures, what does 3.1 cats and 0.1 bearded dragons, and 0.0.1 russian tortoises mean?

it means I have 3 boy cats, 1 girl cat, one girl beardy, and one russian tortoise of unknown sex.

carmallarm

Hatchling Member
3 cheers for Nicole!! :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8:

Actually, make that 100!! You are truly amazing for rescuing this Beardie. I'm glad she doesn't look quite as bad in person as in the picture that was posted on craigslist, but she's definitely going to need a lot of TLC. I'm glad she ate a little bit for you, and it looks like she has another guardian angel (your dog). So cute!

I can't believe this guy has other lizards! If this one is in such bad shape, I don't even want to think about how bad the other animals are. I can't even believe he's considering breeding them. Breeding yields a slim to negative profit margin once you've added up the cost of feeding the hatchlings until they're a couple of weeks old (assuming you're giving them proper care, which he probably wont'), and he clearly isn't doing it because he loves Beardies and wants to create his own morph. If he does acquire a German Giant for breeding purposes, she's probably going to die in a short time because making eggs is such a strenuous effort and she's most likely not going to receive proper care with her owner. So sad...

Anyway, at least this girl has a new home. She needs a name now! Any ideas?

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
I don't know why, but the name "Glory" just popped into my head.

Of course only a suggestion, mind you. I'm sure you'll choose a name that suits her. :mrgreen:

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Congratulations and best wishes with the new girl.

Better you than me dealing with her old owner because I'd have probably knocked him upside the head. :angry5:
So I must commend you for staying calm, cool, and collected. :wink:

In the first pic is there something wrong with her eye? Can't tell if it's a marking or maybe just the pic. She doesn't look nearly as bad as the pic her old owner posted on craigslist.

Have you read about or used the Reptaid? [ Invalid URL Removed / p= t=94618 f=2 ]
It works great for boosting their system and enticing appetite. Just a thought!

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
fresnowitte":6b057 said:
In the first pic is there something wrong with her eye? Can't tell if it's a marking or maybe just the pic.

Barbara, Nicole seems to think it's necrotic tissue. I certainly hope not. I would hate for this swet girl to lose an eye after everything she's been through.

Seacow

Thank you SO much for rescueing this little one! I was lurking on the original post but sadly couldn't trust myself enough to comment on the owner without being banned from this site :roll: But now that she's been rescued! :blob8: :blob8: :blob5: :blob5:
Good luck with her, you're an angel for doing- what, geographically, most of us here couldn't! Just to let you know, best wishes and good hugs are being sent your way from Ireland! :wave: :love5: :love5: :love5: :wave:
Sarah, Kevin & Dennis (Kevin and Dennis are both my bearded males, but Kevin is a human!)

nrich

Original Poster
Thanks guys. She's doing well. We are still going back and forth on the name. It's between Chance and Polly.

Well, I'm off to the store to buy tanks n food n stuff. Later!

Aznrainbowdime

Sub-Adult Member
This touched my heart !!! you are a sweet heart !! And you're not that far from me ! lol. Keep me updated ! It literally brought tears to my eyes =)

Valex

Hatchling Member
nrich":a8a2b said:
Thanks guys. She's doing well. We are still going back and forth on the name. It's between Chance and Polly.

Well, I'm off to the store to buy tanks n food n stuff. Later!

OH oh ooh! I love Chance. For obvious reasons and its a cute name. =D
Good luck with the little girl. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom