Reptisun 10.0 or HO. Should I switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenneelk

I never even knew there were two different kinds (my store doesn't sell the HO) until seeing talk about the HO on here. I just got the 10 in a 24 in for my 60 in. long tank and have it centered in the middle with an additional repti 5.0 mini 12 in. above one of his basking areas.

I'm thinking of adding a 2nd 24 in tube and losing the 5.0, but should I get the HO this time? They are cheaper than the regular 10 but more output.. makes me wonder why they are a tad cheaper if actually a stronger better UVB output? Is there a downside to the HO?

BEARDIESandCOFFEE

Hatchling Member
depending on what your more concerned about, Price or size. If you want the most UVB output, go with the arcadia bulb (more money). but if you want to stay smaller with the T5 fixture, than the HO t5 is a good competitor. I personally like the 10.0 T8 because most fixtures at home depot run T8 and have more variety in sizes. I keep a 22" and 18" on hand, and the fixtures run no more than $15 for standard under cabinet T8 fluorescents. Just some food for thought. :wink:

Beerdo

I'm planning my first viv (like crossfire) and I'm looking between the HO and the regular 10 as well. Is the recommended distance from the beardie's basking spot 6-8 inches for the HO like it is the regular reptisun 10.0, or does he need to be further away because the higher output?

Also, will I most likely have to wire the T5 fixture myself like you have to in most cases like the T8? I'm building a crossfire 4x2x2 out of Hickory with some slight modifications, but I would still like to put the uvb at the same location either mounted on wall or ceiling. Probably a 36" tube or something like that. Does anybody with experience want to tell me of any complications that might arise or advice on what would be better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom