Reptisun 10.0 forecent coil...no good???

Status
Not open for further replies.

hayl55

Juvie Member
hello, so I have gone through MANY of the self ballasted zoomed bulds, and several other bulbs with minimal success... all of then burning out within 2-6 months. so I have purchased a reptisun florescent coil bulb...are these any good to use? I've herad good things about reptisun 10.0 ...but only for the tube bulb.
also, can I use any bulb lamp fopr the coil lamp or is there a certain type of lamp that needs to be used?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

CFL's are actually extremely dangerous to the health of dragons, even the reptisun 10.0 CFL's. I would recommend just turning it off completely until you can get the tube bulb.

-Brandon

hayl55

Juvie Member
Original Poster
ok , thanks, I'll return the bulb ( haven't used it yet) and get a tube bulb and ballast. thanks :) Want my Lilly to be a happy healthy Dragon! Shes enjoying all the natural sun she gets for now, but I want her to have the all day availability of UVA/UVB.

also, is there a specific ballast you recommend? or can I pick one up from Wal-Mart???

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
A walmart undercounter light fixture will work fine as long as its made for a t8 sized bulb.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom