Reptiles= higher electricity bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

brittani299

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
That makes me so sad that mine is soooo expensive. I also live in Seattle so everything is expensive here. Today gas was $4.75 a gallon :(

Heather85

Hatchling Member
I have 2 beardies and 2 fish tanks so my bill shouldn't be that bad right? .... NOT I also have 2 children that LOVE to leave every light in the house on so I just paid a $109.00 electric bill... :banghead:

herpgirl2510

Sub-Adult Member
Heather85":k31aptlh said:
oh yea I failed to mention the 3 Xboxes running at all times either for games or Netflix
My son has like 5 systems and they were always running. I had an energy audit done I got a power strip that has an always on socket for the tv and other sockets that the game systems plug into. When the tv goes off the systems go off. I had not idea how much power they used my bill dropped about $25 a month you should try one of those. Those guys told me that they used alot of energy I had no idea how much.

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
i unplug appliances that i am not using. the coffee pot is the only thing that stays plugged in. our heat is included in the rent, so that is a huge money saver. because it stays so warm i didn't need to use the CHEs. Mr Dargon was brumating all winter so i didn't need to have his lights on.

Heather85

Hatchling Member
herpgirl2510":1eneos6e said:
Heather85":1eneos6e said:
oh yea I failed to mention the 3 Xboxes running at all times either for games or Netflix
My son has like 5 systems and they were always running. I had an energy audit done I got a power strip that has an always on socket for the tv and other sockets that the game systems plug into. When the tv goes off the systems go off. I had not idea how much power they used my bill dropped about $25 a month you should try one of those. Those guys told me that they used alot of energy I had no idea how much.
well I went and bought a timer for the kids room so im hoping that my bill goes down a little next month.... and if the Chicago weather ever decides that it wants to join in on the spring time fun then the heat will be off so heres to hoping! and thanks for the advice!

brittani299

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
I will have to buy one of those for sure. I do have a ton of stuff plugged in everywhere. I wish my gas, electricity, and garbage came with the rent. Only water comes with the rent

Seven65

Juvie Member
Geez, I don't know if it's just where I live but my biggest winter bill was $500 and my last bill was $400 (Charged bi-monthly though). I live in the dark too and mbrely use my heat (electric furnace). Pretty envious of your $90 bills :p

herpgirl2510

Sub-Adult Member
Seven65":2j71u1mn said:
Geez, I don't know if it's just where I live but my biggest winter bill was $500 and my last bill was $400 (Charged bi-monthly though). I live in the dark too and mbrely use my heat (electric furnace). Pretty envious of your $90 bills :p
Do you have electric heat . My bill is around $110 buy I have hot water heat.

Heather85

Hatchling Member
Seven65":wc0xjvrk said:

where do you live????

I live near Vegas and with both the heater and air conditioning running on electricity I get $300+ electric bills during winter and summer in a 1000 square foot house. Not looking forward to finding out what the cost of the beardie lights is going to add to that. :?

BBTrucker

yeah i live in a trailer my biggest bills are power rent and car payment
power around 225+
rent 400
car pymnt 295
then other bills but also run a craigslist bait shop that turns an ok profit and girlfriend throws all veggie scraps in a bucket to meal worms and crickets and hornworms yes they do get smelly from time to time but my GF is aware that if she is to b a stay at home GF and live with me this is part of her job that makes me happy tax exempt and she has extra money and helps with bills, though she doesnt work due to disability it does feel good to be taken out or cooked for.

but between
working 50+hrs a week
building computers in spare time
careing for GF, cat, lizard, and having a life
and running a CL bait shop/ live feed store
and trying to study for my Certs. instead of going back to school

i think she understands im a busy guy
so her job is to tell me when the supply looks low and cleans the cages once a week, take call in orders from CL for bait/food and bag them up
yes my gf plays with bugs, for about 800 a month in sales, so glad im the only local bait shop for over 20 miles in all directions from where i live.
she keeps house clean, goes shopping, & cook.
and let me tell you talking a preppy chick into playing with bugs aint easy it takes convincing but when u pull out that little savings wadd of cash she might take it into consideration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julielps
Top Bottom