Reptile subscription box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreamless

Hatchling Member
Would anyone be interested in this type of thing? Like once a month subscription boxes are really popular right now, I can't seem to find many pet related ones that are not super expensive.. and no reptile boxes at all! I was thinking of starting one.. like I could send a pounds worth of reptile products to your home once or twice a month for a decent price. But I have no idea if anyone would even want that.. give me your comments and ideas please!

LLLReptile

Juvie Member
It's a really cool idea, but I think it's limited by what you could send for animals. Reptiles are so varied, you'd have to have a box for each type of animal - a snake box, a lizard box, a tortoise box, etc. What do you do if people complain that the item they got in their box doesn't work for their animal? What about for bigger animals vs littler ones?

Maybe look into a feeder grab bag? Most people don't want cage furnishings every month, they prefer to pick out specific things on their own. What people do like, though, is offering different feeders. Maybe see if you can arrange a feeder variety box that has up to x amount of feeders, with seasonal varieties of what your suppliers can have in stock. Mix it with dry food, like pellet samples or canned caterpillars, snails, or giant grasshoppers, and that's definitely something a lot of folks might be interested in.

-Jen

Dreamless

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
LLLReptile":3g2qmt26 said:
It's a really cool idea, but I think it's limited by what you could send for animals. Reptiles are so varied, you'd have to have a box for each type of animal - a snake box, a lizard box, a tortoise box, etc. What do you do if people complain that the item they got in their box doesn't work for their animal? What about for bigger animals vs littler ones?

Maybe look into a feeder grab bag? Most people don't want cage furnishings every month, they prefer to pick out specific things on their own. What people do like, though, is offering different feeders. Maybe see if you can arrange a feeder variety box that has up to x amount of feeders, with seasonal varieties of what your suppliers can have in stock. Mix it with dry food, like pellet samples or canned caterpillars, snails, or giant grasshoppers, and that's definitely something a lot of folks might be interested in.

-Jen

Good idea, I was actually planning on mostly feeders and stuff anyway from my own breeding colonies plus different prepared foods. I also though maybe some different supplements and products for feeders would be interesting too. I was planning on making the boxes specific for certain pets. My first box would primarily focus on bearded dragons I think, since they're so popular. Maybe books would be a good idea too? Or like magazines specific to reptiles and such. I think Reptiles is a great magazine personally. My other idea was bedding, who doesn't love free bedding? Thanks for your thoughts though Jen!

Dreamless

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I will be including stickers, keychains, etc in the packages as well as a little nice freebie! Right now I'm working on drawing the stickers. I have one done so far. Let me know how you like it :)

For all the bath hating beardies.
PpoY18v.png

Beardie face
xJdVNGa.png

Mealworm
lI0tW2b.png

Put food in my mouth please
NZCmDUI.png

ladyzantorian

I would like it, but I would focus on items that can be used with many types of reptiles. Things such as reptile safe cage cleaners, other cage cleaning supplies, cage misting bottles, water treatments, feeding tongs, etc.

Colisha

I went to your Facebook page and you haven't posted anything since 2014 and that post said you hoped to be up and running in a week...... ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom