Reptile room created from nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylphie

Sometimes you don't plan to have more than 1 snake. Sometimes a new girlfriend moves to you with her two snakes and so you're having 3 of them. Then with each passing month you're getting more and more animals because "honey, we really need them in our lives" and you need to keep them somewhere, so you're buying new tanks. And out of nowhere a room that before was your computer room is now having a second comp table (that of said girlfriend) and 12 tanks in it. And it's no longer computer room, but REPTILE ROOM!

You just wanted to have a one snake and one girlfriend...

cicUkHn.jpg

7Q4KXOJ.jpg

iV32BbC.jpg

k7ZpZWE.jpg

That's what happened to my man, and here are some quick pics of our room! Sorry for mess in some places!

The whole process taked us 2 years, it just kinda happened without planning, haha!

Sylphie

Original Poster
First part of the pics! I'm sorry that they seem to be very dark and "flat", it's all because of the lights in there... we still plan to switch the lights to being outside, not inside but there always seem to be too little time to do this.

Two tanks in the rack still need to be done from zero, so I'm not even posting them! And there are some "hospital type" tanks in our second room, that are babies rack, tank of the White One couse she can't have any type of substrate other than paper and two tanks for beardies, couse we're still doing them. So if you can't place some of the reptiles from our collection in there it means that they are in one of these "not to show" vivs!

wGdErzY.jpg

D1IwN8O.jpg

Erlze9e.jpg

This one still needs at least one more plant:
GEltvfg.jpg

lhb1iy7.jpg

And our emergency tank for a crestie, I know it should be taller, and I'll add more lianas soon, so he has a little more space to climb. I hope we'll be having his proper tank soon!
gvAbYwO.jpg

And my fav one, that needs more plants too, but! What I like most in it is the paint we used, it looks just like real rock, as it's a 3D effect acrylic spray that imitates something similiar to lava rock. In future we plan to use it in all new vivs as it looks super realistic! Unfortunately it's hard to capture in artifical light...
Nj5KQs0.jpg

NPuLvyz.jpg

Sylphie

Original Poster
And the two big tanks. The Russian Cave (vertical one) is now a kingdom of Orion (melanistic russian rat snake) since he came to breeding age and can no longer be housed with females. Both females will now live in that big glass tank in a wall tho, so I guess they are happy with that change, haha!

wT6ERmT.jpg

UOuNVYD.jpg

ddICjwy.jpg

n2uANmb.jpg

And the last one for now, my table "lamp", kingdom of our young garter snake. Soon we'll need to switch him to bigger tank since he starts to outgrow this one (and I would prefer to have him in horizontal type viv, not vertical).
f1cimp5.jpg

Weąre also finishing a big beardie cage, I'll post pics tomorrow. For now it'll be divided in half since all our beardies are small, in future it'll be a kingdom of our male :) That way the only tank that will still need to be done will be the one that holds our Dragon Feet (3 months old beardie female).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom