Reptile Intelligence

Status
Not open for further replies.

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
I have to share my story that's kind of related to this!

So Scully is gravid with her second clutch. She's been digging for the past 5 days or so. She also had her front right arm amputated on the 24th of Feb. So I set up a Skype account to spy on her whenever I want during the day, since I can't let her be out while hubby and I are at work.

This Friday, hubby and I had plans and he had to leave right after he got home from work, which is just a few minutes before I leave my work. So I was Skype-spying Scully, she was just kind of hanging out on her basking spot. I heard the noise of the laundry room/garage door opening and my hubby's voice. Scully heard him too, and the moment she heard the commotion, she cocked her head, listening until she heard hubby's voice (talking to our dog in the other room), then she immediately started making digging motions. She paused when the noise died down (hubby letting the dog outside), but as soon as she heard him again, started digging again! Then a few seconds later I saw his hand come in the tank and lift her up so he could put her in the lay bin.

I had never seen anything like that before - basically Scully identifying our voices, knowing that we would be the ones to take her out of her tank so she could dig. It was really cool to see!

kbro

Hatchling Member
Lol, that's great Jen. It's good to hear scully is doing so well after surgery. It wonder if she knows you have been taking her out when she digs and just wanted out. Pebbles did that a week or so before she laid her eggs and that's what I think she really wanted, she didn't start to dig in the box just to come out. She would scratch/dig, stop look at me and repeat until I succumbed to her wishes. I have a huge tank with tiles randomly in there and shelf liner everywhere and she has recently been pooping on the tiles or by the door to her tank (side doors) although once it was the door that's harder to get into, but on a tile. She must know I will promptly take it out and clean it lol. Otherwise she want to go in the bath.

scorpius

Original Poster
JenFid":2aeg9129 said:
I have to share my story that's kind of related to this!

So Scully is gravid with her second clutch. She's been digging for the past 5 days or so. She also had her front right arm amputated on the 24th of Feb. So I set up a Skype account to spy on her whenever I want during the day, since I can't let her be out while hubby and I are at work.

This Friday, hubby and I had plans and he had to leave right after he got home from work, which is just a few minutes before I leave my work. So I was Skype-spying Scully, she was just kind of hanging out on her basking spot. I heard the noise of the laundry room/garage door opening and my hubby's voice. Scully heard him too, and the moment she heard the commotion, she cocked her head, listening until she heard hubby's voice (talking to our dog in the other room), then she immediately started making digging motions. She paused when the noise died down (hubby letting the dog outside), but as soon as she heard him again, started digging again! Then a few seconds later I saw his hand come in the tank and lift her up so he could put her in the lay bin.

I had never seen anything like that before - basically Scully identifying our voices, knowing that we would be the ones to take her out of her tank so she could dig. It was really cool to see!

Great story , I think it's the dragons who are the smart one's as they have "us" trained so well. :D

i agree. when charlie was still around he was able to recognized whose hand was coming into the cage, and what a black tube full of crickets was for, and some other stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom