Repti-Sun 10 in Ontario

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingNerd

Anyone know where to get them at a better price?
I work at Petsmart and we don't sell them.
Only place I've found them so far is Big Al's Aquarium Services and they're $45/each any size.
PetMountain doesn't ship to Canada.

Thanks

KingNerd

Original Poster
That's great. Thanks!
It's hard sometimes finding companies in Canada.
Big Al's is still good for emergencies (it's in town) and Petsmart is no good, we only sell Repti-Glo (ugh).

Thanks again!

I actually had the same question, so thanks for the links! Also worth mentioning, amazon.com (not amazon.ca) has ReptiSun 10.0 bulbs for just a few dollars more than Pet Mountain. The downside is that shipping to Canada is about $10 more, but it's still cheaper than local stores.

KingNerd

Original Poster
The biggest problem with ordering from Amazon.com isn't the shipping, it's the customs charges.
Just be careful, after converting from USD to CAD, adding shipping and adding customs charges, it might not be such a good deal. ;)
Pets and Ponds seems to have the best price (around $36) and flat rate shipping ($7.99), I haven't ordered yet, but they seem to have the best deal. Even the Rep-Cal is cheaper there than PetSmart or Big Als ($12 vs $19 and $16 respectively).

Ah, I didn't think about customs fees! I'm actually from the States, staying in Canada on and off (mostly on) for the next year, so I actually get burned by my bank for ordering from a place using CAD. Still getting used to this change. ;)

KingNerd

Original Poster
KingNerd":eb84d said:
Only place I've found them so far is Big Al's Aquarium Services and they're $45/each any size.
Morphius":eb84d said:
Big Al's Aquariums is the authorized dealer of Zoo Med (makers of Repti-Sun) in Canada.

Locations of all Big Al's can be found at the following addy

http://zoomed.com/db/dealer/Search.php?SearchID=13&DatabaseID=4&Country[]=Canada&Search.x=14&Search.y=14

Big Al's charges far too much for them. Pets and Ponds in Momto3boys' post seems to have the best price, as I stated two posts above yours.
Big Al's is great to get cheap aquariums, but not much else anymore. At least not the Brampton location. It's gotten pretty scummy in there. It needs a good cleaning, or an update, or something.
Hasn't changed in 20 - 25 years.

Morphius

KingNerd":8882e said:
KingNerd":8882e said:
Morphius":8882e said:
Big Al's Aquariums is the authorized dealer of Zoo Med (makers of Repti-Sun) in Canada.

Locations of all Big Al's can be found at the following addy

http://zoomed.com/db/dealer/Search.php?SearchID=13&DatabaseID=4&Country[]=Canada&Search.x=14&Search.y=14

Big Al's charges far too much for them. Pets and Ponds in Momto3boys' post seems to have the best price, as I stated two posts above yours.
Big Al's is great to get cheap aquariums, but not much else anymore. At least not the Brampton location. It's gotten pretty scummy in there. It needs a good cleaning, or an update, or something.
Hasn't changed in 20 - 25 years.

Well perhaps one should consider that there could be price differences from one store to another....given that the Big Al's in my area has them for $32.99. However my post wasn't about prices...it was simply to provide a list of authorized Zoo Med product dealers to beardie owners in Canada.

KingNerd

Original Poster
Where abouts do you live?
I find the Big Al's in Brampton has higher prices than any other pet store in town, except for their glass aquariums.
Big Al's used to be my favourite pet store, but in recent years, this location has really let themselves go. It's a shame.

Cruso

Pets and Ponds was really great for me. The shipping rates were great (because they're based out of Canada) and it was super fast as well. Prices are reasonable. Not like you see on Pet Mountain but definitely cheaper than in stores.

Morphius

Anyone in the Toronto area, after a lot of searching I found that "Earth Echoes" reptile store can get ReptiSun 10 for as little as $28.00.

Little D

Hatchling Member
My local pet store, who only sell Repti-Glo bulbs will order the Reptisun ones for me when I need them. I just let them know ahead of time when I'll need it and they usually have it within two weeks at the most.

Morphius

Little D":224d6 said:
My local pet store, who only sell Repti-Glo bulbs will order the Reptisun ones for me when I need them. I just let them know ahead of time when I'll need it and they usually have it within two weeks at the most.

Price? Also where is the store located?

Little D

Hatchling Member
Morphius":8b07b said:
Little D":8b07b said:

Price? Also where is the store located?

Price wise, I would have to look and let you know because the last time they got me 2 at the same time and I don't remember what it was. Think it was around $30 each (might be wrong) but that's a 36". And I'm located in Chatham Ontario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sage_1207
Top Bottom