Replace UVB after 12 months?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiefsDaddy

Gray-bearded Member
I've always heard to replace UVB bulbs after 6 months, because they no longer produce valuable UVB after that. But after reading so much here about how much better the ReptiSUN 10.0 Tubes, I went ahead and got one. While reading the box, I noticed it says that the bulb will continue to produce UVB for 12 months. What do you guys think of this? How long before you replace your ReptiSUN 10.0 bulbs?

MissT

BD.org Addict
It will continue to produce UVB but it will be so little that it is worthless. Its best to change them out at least every 6 months.

T :D

ChiefsDaddy

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thanks MissT! I figured as much, but seeing as how reptisun seems to be the superior bulb, it couldn't hurt to ask.

MissT

BD.org Addict
I use arcadias (slightly better than reptisuns but not available on your side of the pond) and I have noticed in using them for longer - I once had to use a bulb for a little over 6 months due to delivery issues and Phoebes activity levels and appetite totally dropped. I usually aim to replace mine at 5 months.

ChiefsDaddy

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Good to know. I may just put on my long list of things I want to buy for Chief some sort of device that measures UVB output.

MissT

BD.org Addict
I just go with my gut so to speak lol!

Right now, they all have arcadias, all of which were put in at the beginning of April and im starting to see a difference in Phoebes behaviour already :( .... I think I will have to be ordering new bulbs VERY soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom