Rep-Cal Herptivite and Rep-Cal Calcium with Vitamin D

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife's bearded dragon is seven months old. I have bought her Rep-Cal Herptivite and Rep-Cal Calcium with Vitamin D3 yesterday after seeing that the previous Calcium didn't have Vitamin D3 and the previous Vitamin Supplement had Vitamin A.

Questions

1) On the packaging for either product, Rep-Cal says half a tablespoon. I tried it today and that seems like a lot for a seven month old. Thoughts?

2) I have read several message posts and articles on how much calcium and multivitamin per day. From what I can tell, most people either give their bearded dragon four or five days of calcium a week and two or three days of multivitamin week. Thoughts?

Thank you for your time and patience,
trevor

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I put a little bit in a cup and shake the bugs around in it so they have a light, even coat. They don't need more than that, but I do this every time I offer bugs. You can swap in the multivitamin for the calcium once or twice per week if you wish.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Maybe a teaspoon or a bit less. It kind of depends on how many bugs there are too. I don't measure, I just pour a little bit in and shake the cup a bit until they all have a light even coat. It doesn't usually take much.

SydneyGaia

Hatchling Member
trevorintexas":ol8bn2ij said:
My wife's bearded dragon is seven months old. I have bought her Rep-Cal Herptivite and Rep-Cal Calcium with Vitamin D3 yesterday after seeing that the previous Calcium didn't have Vitamin D3 and the previous Vitamin Supplement had Vitamin A.

Questions

1) On the packaging for either product, Rep-Cal says half a tablespoon. I tried it today and that seems like a lot for a seven month old. Thoughts?

2) I have read several message posts and articles on how much calcium and multivitamin per day. From what I can tell, most people either give their bearded dragon four or five days of calcium a week and two or three days of multivitamin week. Thoughts?

Thank you for your time and patience,
trevor
I, literally, put a "pinch" in a bag and "shake n bake" my feeders.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I agree, a pinch is all that should be used, a very light coating. Probably no more than 1/4 tsp. or a bit more.

trevorintexas

Original Poster
SydneyGaia":1znq215b said:
I, literally, put a "pinch" in a bag and "shake n bake" my feeders.

AHBD":1znq215b said:
I agree, a pinch is all that should be used, a very light coating. Probably no more than 1/4 tsp. or a bit more.

SydneyGaia and AHBD:

Does the amount change when they get older?

SydneyGaia:

What's your calcium/vitamin schedule? AHBD has told me, "Calcium 2-3X a week, vit. 1-2."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom