Renal disease

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

No, not normally. Pink urates can be an indicator of a female getting ready to lay, as it is a hormonal indicator. It could be something that she or he is eating or drinking, also.
If they are having kidney problems, most of the time, the urates will be a greyish color, consistently grainy & or greatly diminished in volume too.
Are you referring to your dragon?

Tracie

ashesc212

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
yeah - I have the other post "Another Pink Urate Question" ...

I've done some reading and vets say that 98% of the time pink urates are a result of the food. Sloan is a baby boy (I'm 100% positive). My normal vet is in NYC, which is now a bit of a hike for me so I was trying to get Sloan into a local vet. While I was waiting for them to get back to me about an appointment, I did a little experiment. On Sunday Sloan had extremely bright, pink urates, and that's when I really panicked (and wrote this post). Anyway, I stopped feeding him the dubias for 2 days and now his urates are white again.

I don't think I'm going to bring him to the vet now because I'm really leaning towards the fact that the dubias were eating a food mixture that may have contained dog food for a while. I'm going to withhold dubias for another day or two and see if the pink urates are gone.

On a side note, it'd be really nice if there were more articles out there on renal disease, etc. accessible on the internet. I only found one or two.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Where did you get the dubias from? It is possible they were fed cat or dogfood, yes since they need high protein feedings.
So does he still have pink urates then?
You are right, there are not many articles on renal disease. I will look around & see if I can find any. He is a little young though for renal disease I think. What is his age?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom