Relocation stress?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi y'all. My beardie has a pretty dark beard. And seems to be very scared. I had to move her from my bedroom to my dining room because my husband is in quarantine due to being tested for the Corona virus and did bleach her tank before moving her. But I made sure the bleach was all out and there were no fumes. The dark beard just started about 20 minutes ago after syringe feeding her some pumpkin because she hasn't pooped in about two weeks. I dont think she could have aspirated any of the pumpkin because she just licked it off the syringe and i didn't put it in her mouth. But there is a lot more traffic in the dining room than my bedroom. Is this just relocation stress or something else. There are also fruit flies in her tank since moving her. I cannot go to a vet due to being under self quarantine at the moment. She is also running around a lot and glass stuffing.

Set up details.
40g breeder
106°f basking about 90 on the warm side and 80 on the cool side.
Reptisun10.0 24 inch t8 uvb.
Non adhesive shelf liner substrate.
Humidity I between 26%and 35%.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I would say relocation stress --- what has she been eating to give the pink urate ? Other than that it looks good -- and your T 8 is in the tank approx 8-10 inches from basking decor w/ NO cover over the bulb ? The more activity might have gotten her riled up too -- lets see who else can give some insight - w/ her------------ did she just start the glass surfing or is a continuity from being in the bedroom?
Karrie

Geoffrey16

Original Poster
The black beard started to dissipate once i removed the poop. She gets mostly collards and arugula. Also some raspberry,red peppers, and carrots. But usually only eats her greens if she has raspberry. She also gets bsfl and Dubias. The glass surfing is only since moving her. I did recently have to puree her greens and syringe feed her because she wouldn't eat them. And added some reptaboost and rephasy claciumplus to the puree. He UVB is 6 inches above the basking spot but not directly over it. Her rock is in the back corner and the uvb is positioned at the front of the tank.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Geoffrey16":20f60wre said:
I had to move her from my bedroom to my dining room ..... But there is a lot more traffic in the dining room than my bedroom. Is this just relocation stress or something else.
I expect it's related to the move. She had a fairly quiet existence in the BR, and now it's quite different in the DR, especially if there's more activity she's not used to, and if there are any significant ambient (room) lighting differences (brightness, paint color, view...) Are there more/different windows?

I expect she'll calm down. Your soothing voice should help, and try not to telegraph any apprehension/anxiety ("negative vibes") to her. :wink:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Just keep an eye on her behavior ---- the dark beard after removing the poop must have been her stinking herself out -- I know my male will poop and then move to the other side of the tank ---- I just figured it was him stinking himself out --- didnt like that side of the tank
Karrie

Geoffrey16

Original Poster
There are a lot more windows than the bedroom. I will definitely keep and eye on her. Thanks for yalls input.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
KarrieRee":3qjjq1yd said:
the dark beard after removing the poop must have been her stinking herself out -- I know my male will poop and then move to the other side of the tank ---- I just figured it was him stinking himself out --- didnt like that side of the tank
ROTFLMAO! Mine too! Soon as he poops, it's the far side of the enclosure. And they say you can't smell your own (or maybe that was just farts?) :lol:
Still... nice to hear I'm not the only one! :laughing6:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thuexedulichthailan
Top Bottom