Reducing reflections - advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I recently got a male 6 month old bearded dragon. This is my first male and he is getting stressed and aggressive toward his reflections. I put up paper on the sides but I am not sure what to do about the glass doors. He's been puffing up like a balloon and beard flashing himself, followed by glass surfing to either get at or get away from his pretend rival. I want him to be able to see out the doors but not get so stressed by his reflection. Any ideas what can be done? I was thinking of getting a glare-resistant screen protector they make for laptops and tablets? Does anyone else have ideas or delt with this before in some other way?

ZachysMom

My guy Zachary is having this issue as well, so I'll be interested to see what answers are posted. Thanks for asking this question!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Not the front doors that is odd- I take it they are glass- you might want to move the tank so the sun is not shining on it to make a reflection
@zachsmom- are you having front door issues too or all around the tank?
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok you can use wrapping paper newspaper paper bags magazine pages etc on the outside of the tank
Karrie

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Dogstar5988":1xg0klt4 said:
I was thinking of getting a glare-resistant screen protector they make for laptops and tablets?
That's not a bad idea. FWIW, reflections on the inside of an enclosure are usually caused when the ambient lighting outside the enclosure is darker (think reflections on the outside of a tinted car window).

Mine is glass-surfing right now, but I can always chalk it up to one of 3 reasons
(in no particular order):
  • He's just turned 7 months (teenager) so probably has some raging hormones.
  • I've been taking him out for taming, and he's eager to get out more to explore
  • He's lately taken to surfing as a sign he needs to poop (and I can't blame him for trying to do it elsewhere than where he lives... ? PEW!!!

ZachysMom

Unfortunately, his behavior was so extreme I got worries. It was actually a good thing that I did. Took him to his vet and he has some abnormal liver and pancreas blood tests. His vet is keeping him for a few days and says that we caught it early enough that Zachy should make a full recovery. I DID add a covering around the outside of the tank enclosure though - thank you for that advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom