rediculous pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aceyourface

Hatchling Member
You know what I find funny? Petco and Petsmart's price for the reptisun 10.0 I have decide to switch to the 10.0 and so I was searching for the best price. LLL Reptile and Pangea have it for under $25 Petsmart and Petco sell it for $50! uhg Where is the cheapest you've seen it? I am looking for an 18" size. Right now Pangea has it the cheapest at $24.95 has anyone seen it for less recently?

*Edit*
I just found it for $22.71 at http://www.thatpetplace.com/reptisun-10-0-high-output-uvb-bulbs but I dunno if this site is any good

Brieana

Hatchling Member
I got mine on amazon for $9. It was listed as used from the amazon warehouse because the cardboard holder was a little frayed, but in the description, it said it was new and unused. It works fine, even though it felt too good to be true. Just keep an eye out for deals, that's all I have to say.

ETA- I also bought a 5.0 for my turtle at the same time and hers came from a different amazon seller for $15.

yeah petsmart and petco prices are way to high for the reptisun so i got mine off amazon for just over 20 dollers and the shipping was fast like 4 days :D

That Pet Place/ That Fish Place is not too far from me. I haven't been there yet but can't wait to. I have been told by friends that it is really good. I order mine from them too.

william488

Juvie Member
+1 for petmountain. I have also gotten one from petstore.com around the same price as petmountain same 6-8 day delivery.

ju5t1n

Juvie Member
Yeah I bought from pet mountain the price after shipping was about 0.20$ more then That Pet Place on your link. On the 10.0 36".
That Pet Place $31.22
Pet Mountain $31.48

Aceyourface

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Goodtruant":2zmf0bbw said:
http://www.bigappleherp.com/REPTILE-SUPPLIES/UVA-UVB-Fluorescents

2 for $35.
Darn! I wish I would have seen this before I ordered from LLL Reptile lol One plus tax and shipping cost me about that much. Oh well I needed a store in California because Thor's UVB tube burnt out yesterday so now she has none! :( And I can't take her out in the sun because its been raining for three days. Hope LLL Reptile has fast shipping.

Aceyourface

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
uhg so I got my tube today and I put it in my fixture and it wouldn't turn on! :x It's a Zilla fixture but it's for the same size tube so I figured it would work. Brand shouldn't matter right? I didn't know if it was the bulb or fixture that burnt out. When I took out the old tube one side was darkened so I know it was the bulb. But the new one wouldn't turn on. My dad is an electrician so he tested the fixture and new tube with one of his meters. The contacts on the new bulb are good but we came to the conclusion it was a problem with the fixture. Especially when we put the tube in a fixture in the kitchen and it lit up fine. So now I have to go get a new fixture and poor Thor has to go one more day without her UVB :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom