Reddish pink poop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikki05

Yoshi has had some odd poops the last week or so
he has some urates (this time they were a little dryer and smaller than normal they are usually the same size as the brown part) that are white then they turn a pinkish color then it's the normal brown. his poop was clear of parasite in october.

Yoshi has been acting odd lately not eating as much hiding much of the day but then the next second he's running all over acting crazy window surfing gobbling up his food.

Here are a few pics of the poop. And he did just go through a small shed

This was before I cleaned out his cage

20130125_205423_zpsc0949bd9.jpg

20130125_205423_zpsc0949bd9.jpg

Nikki05

Original Poster
Yes sorry I forgot to post that earlier.

It's a 40 gal tank with both repti carpet and slate, basking temp is 109 cool side is roughly 80 ish degrees yoshi eats crickets and greens daily

I use the zoomed 10.0 tube light started using this new light in late september. (I never remember the darn name) Yoshi was brought home from a pet store mid august 2012 so maybe 6 months old max.

Yoshi does also get weekly baths (normally when I do the big cage clean out) sometimes twice a week though depending.

Hope that was everything

brittani299

Extreme Poster
Basking a bit high. I would go down to like 105 max. When Daisy had poo that looked like that she had pinworms bad. It had the same watery consistancy and look. I dont know if you can go to the vet but a good option to check a fecal at home to buy one from www.beardeddragon.co they are cheap fecal tests and you can buy the meds from the website as well. The ladies are also very helpful. You can email them a pic. I hope this helps :)

daner923

Gray-bearded Member
Brittani: Actually, 110 should be okay for that age. Some dragons also like it hotter than others - My guy is 7.5 months old, and loves it closer to 110-115. He is much more active and bright at those temps than at 100-105.

Nikki: At that age, if he still will eat twice a day, you should be feeding crickets twice every day. The poop may be something you're feeding him - any reddish fruits? Also, are you dusting with calcium and multivitamins? Finally, You should try to up the baths if the poop is dry - Try every 2-3 days.

Nikki05

Original Poster
daner923":25auwnc6 said:
Brittani: Actually, 110 should be okay for that age. Some dragons also like it hotter than others - My guy is 7.5 months old, and loves it closer to 110-115. He is much more active and bright at those temps than at 100-105.

Nikki: At that age, if he still will eat twice a day, you should be feeding crickets twice every day. The poop may be something you're feeding him - any reddish fruits? Also, are you dusting with calcium and multivitamins? Finally, You should try to up the baths if the poop is dry - Try every 2-3 days.

I try to feed yoshi twice a day but he usually spends the first part of the day in his hide. I do offer twice a day though. It just seems he starts his days later and later and wants to stay up all night. I have lights on about 730-800 am and then lights out around 800pm. But he will stay up until nearly 9 if I let him. We do have another bearded dragon that is in a separate enclosure. And swampy still has the same sleep schedule.

Yes I use liquid calcium and multivitamins, usually the collard greens because I can count on the dragons eating those which helps my anxiety about them not getting enough calcium and vitamins. I will increase baths and because money is tight right now I'll start saving up for a fecal.

daner923

Gray-bearded Member
You should actually be careful using liquid calcium all the time - it may be a bit too much. You are better off using calcium powder for regular daily dosage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom