Red spot on leg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caitlinp99

Hi everyone.
Cleo has this red mark on her leg and I’m not sure what it is. I remember it being a grey color first and it felt quite hard to touch, and now it looks like this and there appears to be a loose scale next to it. She’s been to the vet for a health check today and he couldn’t find any issues, I just completely forgot to show this spot to him.
Does anyone know what this could be?
95530-4290701011.jpg

Caitlinp99

Original Poster
Ellentomologist":14861427 said:
Huh, that certainly is odd. Looks almost like an old wound maybe?

It’s been there a while, but I haven’t noticed it looking this colour before. She doesn’t seem to be in any pain when she’s walking around and I’ve touched it and she doesn’t act like it’s hurting her.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Can you post some photos of the area in some brighter light? Has the area changed in size at all?

Caitlinp99

Original Poster
CooperDragon":11497drg said:
Can you post some photos of the area in some brighter light? Has the area changed in size at all?

Here are some more photos. The area seems to have gotten slightly bigger. She’s currently in the stages of laying eggs, I found one in her tank this morning. I’m wondering if she’s hurt herself with all the digging scratching she’s been doing, because now there’s a red mark on her other leg that wasn’t there this morning.
95530-3299606126.jpg
95530-1637056680.jpg
Her other leg:
95530-5154035552.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That does look like a wound. I don't like that it's spreading. I would try to keep it as clean as possible. Maybe try spreading a little manuka or raw/unpasteurized honey on the area to see if it starts to heal up. My main concern is the area becoming infected and spreading which could be dangerous. Keep a close eye on how much and how quickly the damaged area appears to be expanding (or receding).

Caitlinp99

Original Poster
CooperDragon":1tylin2s said:
That does look like a wound. I don't like that it's spreading. I would try to keep it as clean as possible. Maybe try spreading a little manuka or raw/unpasteurized honey on the area to see if it starts to heal up. My main concern is the area becoming infected and spreading which could be dangerous. Keep a close eye on how much and how quickly the damaged area appears to be expanding (or receding).

Yeah, I was thinking about getting some raw honey for it. It doesn’t appear to be hurting her, I’m sure she’s done it with her nails or she’s scratched it on one of her logs because of how crazy she’s been acting lately. The other leg looks like it may shed soon so I’ll keep an eye on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom