Red Basking bulb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikimom07

Hi, I have a 15 gallon tank (building 2 bigger ones soon) for my girls. They are about 7 inches long, not sure of age. I have a red basking bulb in the tank as that is what the pet store told me to get. I also have a florescent tube light for ambient lighting and am waiting on the powersun 10.0 uvb tube bulb to get here. My question is, is the red bulb okay to use? It always seems like they have 1 or both eyes closed, not all the time but alot of it and as I don't have the uvb yet it can't be that so I thought it was from the basking bulb. I just put in the florescent light so I don't think its from that, actually they have become much more active since installing that. Any thoughts??

Thanks!
Kristy

dylanravenj

Sub-Adult Member
Bearded dragon are one of the few reptiles who can see red light. So yes, it is likey bothering their eyes. You'll have better luck with a white bulb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom