Re: Batman, Flash, Vraska, family! More faves from Disney!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We brought Batman home when he was just two weeks old and today he is 10 weeks old and 10.5 inches! His tail started to shed again today...I think he's going to be a big guy :)

First night home: Keegan (my 3 year old human) and Batman!

FD7942F9-4FCE-4564-A6FC-7B06B3EBC35F-276-00000015A2B9AD58.jpg

Just 2 weeks old!

ED1B1D26-FB54-426F-94BE-B7BD6A16B38E-276-00000015AB592AAA.jpg

He did this a lot at first. A little wave :)

E001ADB4-C399-4BF5-A3EB-BA621E70EDB6-276-00000015A72AC92E.jpg

First full shed!

8DE61CAB-6902-4521-A2BE-6FB249CDCAB2-4985-000004C0C8198E0B.jpg

Hanging out with daddy!

null-23.jpg

Meeting Hailey (my 9 year old human) ;)

null-42.jpg

He's just not a morning dragon...

null-55.jpg

He's becoming such a big boy!

null-52.jpg

Well...there's our little buddy! We're so proud of him!!

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Welllllll...Flash DID "get away" momentarily while Liz had him on her lap. Though, having FLASH on her lap?! THAT'S just unheard of. So, he truly just decided to take a walk...NOT bolt or escape. Just wander off. Which, honestly after the fact makes me feel really good. It shows me that with some great advice from Liz and some "hands on" help/teaching can certainly get Flash to where Vraska is. I'm so grateful for Liz's knowledge and her ability to keep SO calm with both TFS's. I learn so much better by watching than by being told. I think the most important lesson I learn on each visit is to BE CONFIDENT but NOT COCKY.

ALSO, through our visits and all the shared personal experiences in this forum and even in this thread alone...ACCIDENTS HAPPEN and that's ok. Of course I'm referring to the accidents that luckily at this point haven't resulted in any injury other than my own panic. Which I feel will help us to avoid worse accidents in the future. People lose pets, dogs, cats, reptiles escape too! It's just a bit more worrisome in my own opinion with a reptile like the ones we own due to the fact that (even though they are hardy creatures) they need proper temps and have the ability to get themselves into places I don't even want to start thinking of...

Oh Esther...my dear, sweet, Esther. Yes, you were and are once again 100% correct in all of your reassurances. Batman is certainly improving and yes, it was only a matter of time and a little extra care/attention.

Really couldn't be happier with the progress today brought!

zandi202

BD.org Addict
I was too busy getting reacquainted with her to take any pics. Missed her more than I thought. :lol:

Esther19

BD.org Addict
I'm sure it was a joyous reunion for you both, Liz. How nice that you are close. I know what you mean, Kristine about learning better through watching. I'm the same way. So glad to hear that you all had a nice visit, and that progress is being made. Monday tomorrow, already?

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Ok, so I took FAR more pics of Liz's babies visiting which are posted in HER thread :) Here are a few of my babies/Hailey and Zy.

Turns out Vraska LOVES hunting and eating in the playpen...also happens to enjoy POOPING there too. I guess that's ok...I finally got a good look at her poop and it's quite healthy ;)

null_zps5ee47034.jpg

Hailey and Zy snuggles. She can't get enough of Zy.

null_zpsef3c8efb.jpg

null_zps1ff55d85.jpg

Batman basking all day :) I know he "looks" tired and puffy eyed but it's actually a lot of shed under and around his eyes.

null_zps7d197b9f.jpg

You can even see the shed from his nostrils here. Poor guy, but oh so happy.

null_zps46efe6fd.jpg

Flash! I apologize as they all look like the same pic but I'm just so excited to get full body Flash pics outside of his viv. They're not the same pic ;)

null_zpsd3d3d6f7.jpg

null_zps6a48a0c4.jpg

null_zps37323fb5.jpg

null_zpscd321b6a.jpg

null_zps6f4aa29b.jpg

Annnnd the view from my porch swing before I head to bed...

null_zpsa178716c.jpg

Keegan held the babies too...but he was just SO all over the place I didn't get a single shot of him :( 4 is a tough age and this preschool transition has REALLY changed his behavior. I'm praying he settles down after a couple weeks of his new schedule...

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thank you!! I am so proud of his behavior with you today! I'm so happy to finally have full body, outside pics of him!!

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
For those of you who have read this whole thread, been by me through all this personal legal stuff, PMd me with encouragement and supportive words:

HE FINALLY WANTS TO SETTLE!

Like...legitimately settle the proper way. No worries, my attorney is wonderful and has us covered. We may NOT have to go to trial!!

I'm feeling SO hopeful. I really hope everything goes well. Unfortunately, he made many mistakes and will face the rest...but I won't have to be involved!!

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
He agreed on EVERYTHING including that. Now it comes down to his offers. If we can't agree then we will have to go to trial. I don't want to get my hopes way up but I think he's starting to understand the kind of trouble he's facing beyond THIS particular case...

I'm praying it all works out and we can just end this.

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thank you Esther. I'm not going to get overly excited or optimistic, as I've been burned enough times to have learned a thing or two. I am however going to remain hopeful. I'd like to set things right and not have to be part of a trial that is just going to take place in order to hurt anyone.

Here's to staying hopeful but watching my back this time.

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I have a horrible confession to make. It's been weighing heavily on my mind.

We have a wonderful, beautiful, loving cat. Her name is Geisha. She has been with us for years and was rescued. She has recently started to not only show "interest" in our reptile babies but is now becoming very pushy.

I have found her multiple times on TOP of Flash's viv right under his light laying across it. Her behavior has gotten SO aggressive in the last 2 months that she's becoming a concern. Please don't judge me. I'm not getting rid of her but I have this thought running through my head all the time: "how can I have ONE pet who could/would/might try to harm, injure or possibly kill 3 of my others?" I'm feeling so bad having that thought but she's starting to worry me.

She gets ALL the love and attention she could ever ask for. I know it's curiosity and I understand all animals have the instinct to hunt.

I don't want to think I'd ever put one baby's importance in front if another's but...there's one of her and three of them.

I just needed to get that out. I feel guilty thinking these thoughts and haven't acted on anything. I hope I never have to :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cold3231
Top Bottom