Re: Baby Chloe!!!Update Pics added 5-23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it happened....again!! hahaha This makes beardie number 3. She's absolutely beautiful she's super citrus baby. We actually ended up rescuing her from the shop we always go to. She wasn't thriving and is a bit under weight and size. She needs a loving home to take care of her, so we stepped up and they gave us a deal we couldn't pass up. Her parents are both bright yellow with purple side bars, so we know she's going to be beautiful. It was totally unexpected, but we couldn't leave her there knowing she needed help. We've named her Chloe, and she's super sweet. She would rather be held and hang out on you than in her cage which is just adorable. Her face is so sweet, and her color is already amazing. She's a little dark tonight with relocation stress, but we've got her all set up and she ate a little bit for us. I think our little Chloe is going to be very happy with us. One cute thing that happened, I brought our female Sunny who is my fat princess over to see Chloe(she was seeing her through glass) and they both started waving at each other and licking the glass. Maybe someday when they're both close in size they can have a supervised meeting. Our male Frank was not impressed at all hahaha!! I'll get pictures up tomorrow morning I promise, lights are out and I want her to settle in.

-Kaleen

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Chloe is doing so good, she continues to eat more and more each day. I'm training her to poop in her baths and it seems to be working. Some days she does go twice a day so she'll go on the opposite end of her enclosure and sometimes underneath the paper towel too! Her personality is starting to come out a bit more too, mainly she's just the sweetest little lady I adore her! Definitely not a Diva like miss Sunny which is perfect because there's only room in this house for one. I'm going to post some more pictures of Chloe tomorrow, it looks like her back legs, end of her tail, and head are about to go in to shed. We are attached to her already and I think Sunny has accepted her as well. Pics to come tomorrow!

-Kaleen

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Sorry for slacking on those pictures, it's hard to find the time to sit down and upload everything! Hopefully by this weekend I'll be able to get the pictures up. You won't believe how big she's gotten. Her belly is so pudgy and she's going through a full body shed right now, but it definitely hasn't slowed down her eating habits. She still loves the roaches and won't even touch crickets. The other day I didn't have time to go pick up some dubia before the shop closed so I put crickets in her bowl. She ran down to the bowl with her usual excitement for feeding time, when she realized there were crickets in the bowl she looked up at me with one stink eye and then looked at the crickets, licked the side of the bowl, and then ran back to her log and turned her back to the bowl and wouldn't look at me! I felt so bad, the next day I made sure I made it to the shop and got her extra dubia and some waxies for a treat. I'm pretty sure I redeemed myself as a good slave in her eyes. Chloe is not a diva per say, only when it comes to food. She's so sweet and is so funny to watch explore. I purchased a little stuffie for her cage because she loves my bumble bee pillow pet. Well it's a little alligator, when I put it in her cage she puffed up and bearded at it hahaha... It was so cute, I picked her up and showed her that it wasn't going to hurt her or steal her food. Once she realized it was soft and cuddly she jumped on it and if she's not on her log basking, she's on her gator chillin! It's funny because she's ok with it in the cage, but if I take it out and put it in front of her cage she beards at it?! Silly dragon! Well enjoy your night and I will post pictures by the weekend..

-Kaleen

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
So it took a lot longer than I thought, but I finally got the pictures uploaded! So without further ado Baby Chloe update photos....
She got a new stuffy, well it's her first
416220_338221642914200_100001791027399_63629230_440103924_o.jpg

458471_338220829580948_100001791027399_63629228_1950142534_o.jpg

472451_338222206247477_100001791027399_63629231_1160016743_o.jpg

She was just starting a full body shed when I took those pictures, these next few are her after the shed. I can't believe how big she's gotten already and how much weight she's put on. She's so loveable and sweet, I absolutely adore her. Take a look and tell me if you see a difference in her size..
457726_338222852914079_100001791027399_63629232_1736710560_o.jpg

412508_338223472914017_100001791027399_63629233_2098487792_o.jpg

457593_338224049580626_100001791027399_63629234_798376131_o.jpg

412548_338224596247238_100001791027399_63629235_104542511_o.jpg

54881_338225086247189_100001791027399_63629236_2077020695_o.jpg

411322_338225752913789_100001791027399_63629237_35384648_o.jpg

471043_338226212913743_100001791027399_63629239_1601249646_o.jpg

466639_338227162913648_100001791027399_63629242_1605920882_o.jpg

465368_338227636246934_100001791027399_63629244_1600895836_o.jpg

465861_338228172913547_100001791027399_63629246_1752711477_o.jpg

Well that's it for this update, I think she's gorgeous and I hope you enjoyed the pictures. We are doing our best to take good care of her and give her all the love she deserves. I can't wait to introduce her to the wonderful world of hammocks and blankies!!

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
beardie parents":2kuvmy4w said:
That almost looks like a different dragon, she's almost doubled in size.
That's what I thought, she's doubled in size! Her tail has started to go in to shed again already! Love and good husbandry goes a long way for these awesome babies.

-Kaleen

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
Oh my gosh, she is just so precious! And YES she is definitely looking bigger! Look at that plump little belly! :lol:

I can't wait to meet your little crew!

LOL at her getting upset at her alligator! My previous beardie, Gidgit (the consistently cranky one), had a real personal beef with one particular beanie baby that I had - it was a fuschia-colored duck-billed platypus named "Patty". I don't know why, but she HATED Patty with a passion. She would bite Patty on the bill any chance she got. :shock: Admittedly, we knew she hated Patty, so it became a joke to put it in funny places where she would run into it while she was out (on the window sill, sitting on "her" heating pad, around the corner, etc).

Where do you buy dubia locally, if you don't mind me asking? I've bought some from AZ Reptile Center on Dobson & Broadway, but they have a 2 dozen limit.

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
That's so funny she hated patty! We've made a little game out of the alligator too, just because it's so cute to watch her puff up! I love her little belly, I can't help give it kisses all the time.. I can't wait to meet Stanley, my boyfriend is excited too. Last night we were thinking of the places we can put him while he stays with us. I bet Sunny will like him, she's a bit of a hussy, she likes all the boys hahaha! I've gotten roaches from AZ Reptiles too, I'm not a huge fan of that place. The only other place I know of, where I like to go is Wild Side Pets on Brown and Higley in Mesa. I haven't had to buy more than 2 dozen yet, but I'm pretty sure they don't have a limit as far as I know. They are also a bit less expensive than AZ Reptiles, and they carry all the reptisun bulbs and all the proper husbandry items you need to properly care for reptiles. We actually got Chloe from them and Frank.

-Kaleen

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
FranktheTank":2tx4ok8w said:
That's so funny she hated patty! We've made a little game out of the alligator too, just because it's so cute to watch her puff up! I love her little belly, I can't help give it kisses all the time.. I can't wait to meet Stanley, my boyfriend is excited too. Last night we were thinking of the places we can put him while he stays with us. I bet Sunny will like him, she's a bit of a hussy, she likes all the boys hahaha! I've gotten roaches from AZ Reptiles too, I'm not a huge fan of that place. The only other place I know of, where I like to go is Wild Side Pets on Brown and Higley in Mesa. I haven't had to buy more than 2 dozen yet, but I'm pretty sure they don't have a limit as far as I know. They are also a bit less expensive than AZ Reptiles, and they carry all the reptisun bulbs and all the proper husbandry items you need to properly care for reptiles. We actually got Chloe from them and Frank.

-Kaleen

Ahahaha, I kiss Stanley's belly too, LOL. And his beard - its so soft!

Wherever you guys decide is best to keep him is totally fine! I'm so happy that you guys are excited - I can't thank you enough for watching him! I bet Sunny and Stan will get along great - actually, Chloe and Stan are still babies, so they might hang out... BABIES!!! Gawd, you're going to have a real houseful for a few days!

I ordered a some adult dubias, and they arrived today - I want to try my hand at breeding them. I was NOT prepared for the SIZE of them - they are positively DISGUSTING. They aren't like the nymphs at all!!! I'm so skeeved out by them - I don't know if I can deal with them! :bleick:

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Oh I wouldn't let Sunny and Stanley hang out together, the closest she would get is through the glass of her cage. No way I'm not taking any chances... I'm not going to let Chloe and Stanley hang out either, I would be destroyed if something happened that easily could've been prevented by keeping them separated.
We are actually thinking about ordering a roach colony too, but I've heard some gross stuff I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to do it. I read on here recently about the baby roaches eating the mother from the inside out :puke: :puke: :puke: The guy at the reptile shop told me that sometimes the females get huge, like 1200-2000 babies at a time huge :bleick: Oh man I got the ickys' just thinking about it. Good luck though hahaha, Actually I've heard it's easy to breed them and it does save a lot of money. If breeding them is too much you can order a few hundred of just the sizes you need every week or whatever... I think I'm going to start doing that for Chloe. I was actually going to ask you what part of town you live in? I'm wondering if we are close to one another.

-Kaleen

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
FranktheTank":l4pok5tu said:
Oh I wouldn't let Sunny and Stanley hang out together, the closest she would get is through the glass of her cage. No way I'm not taking any chances... I'm not going to let Chloe and Stanley hang out either, I would be destroyed if something happened that easily could've been prevented by keeping them separated.
We are actually thinking about ordering a roach colony too, but I've heard some gross stuff I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to do it. I read on here recently about the baby roaches eating the mother from the inside out :puke: :puke: :puke: The guy at the reptile shop told me that sometimes the females get huge, like 1200-2000 babies at a time huge :bleick: Oh man I got the ickys' just thinking about it. Good luck though hahaha, Actually I've heard it's easy to breed them and it does save a lot of money. If breeding them is too much you can order a few hundred of just the sizes you need every week or whatever... I think I'm going to start doing that for Chloe. I was actually going to ask you what part of town you live in? I'm wondering if we are close to one another.

-Kaleen

Oh dear god, that would just be the icing on the cake - having one of these land-lobsters getting eaten from the inside out. :puke: If they just stay in the bin and I don't have to touch them, I'll be okay. However if one touches me or gets loose, you will probably hear my scream from wherever in Gilbert you are at.

Its funny, because the nymphs do not bother me one bit. Its just the adults that are just freakishly huge and disgusting. :bleick:

Oh, I am on Baseline between Lindsay and Val Vista. Where are you?

tazznzeppelin

Juvie Member
You two are cracking me up! Roaches are REALLY not that bad. The adults do feel a little creepy when they walk on your skin because they have little barbs on their legs. But you should rarely have to touch them if you don't want to. I have a five gallon bucket that my husband drilled half inch holes in the bottom of to separate the adults from the nymphs. I only do that about once a month so it's not to awful. You just have to check their food and water crystals regularly and they do the rest. I keep the nymphs in a little plastic box on my kitchen counter right next to the coffee pot. You both must think that's pretty gross! lol :lol:
Amy

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Hahahaha no Amy I don't think that's gross at all. I keep mine plus the super worms in the same spot. I agree it's not the nymphs that freak me out, not even the kinda big ones, it's the huge gigantic ones!!! The bucket is an excellent idea, I love it!

Michelle we actually live a lot closer than I thought, I'm at Higley and Ray! We're probably about 15-20min apart.

-Kaleen

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
tazznzeppel":1ttab41s said:
I keep the nymphs in a little plastic box on my kitchen counter right next to the coffee pot. You both must think that's pretty gross! lol :lol:
Amy

"the best part of wakin' up.... is roaches in yo' cup!"

Lol, just kidding - I don't think its weird at all, I think its very efficient!

Kaleen, that's awesome - you're only a few miles southeast of me!

tazznzeppelin

Juvie Member
That's awesome roaches in yo' cup! I guess we all know we are true beardie slaves. I don't even flinch anymore when I have to put the nymphs in their bowls. Just reach right in and start grabbing up roaches first thing in the morning, before I've even had my coffee. Kinda funny when I really think about it! :lol:
Amy

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Chloe is developing a little diva side to her personality, it's either that or an o.c.d. side. I prefer diva since she's a precious sweet little lady! Things have to be done just so for her or her entire day is ruined. The other day her feeding schedule got messed up, and she ended up getting her salad after her worms instead of before. Little miss diva decided this was unacceptable and refused to eat all day! I was very tired on Wednesday and missed her bath by about an hour, she was so mad she kept her back to me the whole time and refused to snuggle with me afterwards. Most of the time she's the sweetest girl, but man if you mess with her you're in trouble! hahaha She's starting to have more confidence while she's out for playtime too. Chloe will play with you for a while and then actually roam for a bit now, she's very curious and seems to like all the same spots Frank and Sunny do. I'm getting her a hammock this week, it will be interesting to see how she takes to it. I'll post pictures in a few days, I've got a bunch to upload of all 3.

-Kaleen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom