Ray thinks he is a dog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sierra1167

Hatchling Member
Okay. I have had Ray (my rescue) for just over a week now. He poops almost every day. He has yet to poop in his viv or bath. He glass dances and blackbeards until I take him out. Then he fights being held until I put his leash on and take him outside where after 5 minutes...he poops! It is too funny. It's like my dog scratching at the door to go out and poop. :lol: Does anyone else have a beardie like this? And what am I going to do when the NE Ohio winter comes??? :?

sheri85

Juvie Member
that's so cute. Archer has done something similar, though not in a habit. i took him with us when i went hiking, and every couple of minutes he jumped off my shoulder and would scurry along the trail (don't worry, he was in his harness). i kept wondering what he was doing, when finally he settled down in the dirt and pooped. this was both cute and appreciated (i can't tell you how many times he's pooped on me). i told my boyfriend he's like a doggy only better because he doesn't bark.

he hasn't illustrated a need to only go outside though, thankfully. and he's okay going in his tank and doesn't freak out if i don't remove it immediately.

Mt3

A few weeks ago, Franklin decided he no longer wanted to poop in his viv. Ever since then he's made my living room carpet his new bathroom. I invested in a bottle of stain remover and have spent every day scrubbing away whatever he decides to leave me. He's pooped outside once, and has also gone in the bath once, but that was an absolute nightmare to clean up so now I'm trying to work on some sort of potty-training behavior while he's still relatively young.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom