Rampant??? What is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joseydiann

I had a girl tell me that the Lady I bought my dragon from stopped breeding because (disease was rampant in her colony) what does that mean, I'm really worried now? Does that mean I have a sick or crazy dragon? I was trying to contact the Lady I bought her from because my dragon is acting nuts she is running the tank walls all day long, she don't stop she don't rest or take a break she won't bask just going insane scratching up the new glass and walls.. And she has everything she needs, it's a great setup, very very large. The heat is right she drinks and eats but not alot shes too busy freaking out, been doing it for over a month. What could be wrong?

Amanda

Tigg

Juvie Member
Disease running "Rampant" through her colony would just be from one beardie getting sick and spreading it through the rest of the dragons before or after you purchased yours. Doesn't necessarily mean yours is sick. But it would not hurt having a vet that specializes in exotic pets examine your BD, and bring with you a fresh stool sample to have a Fecal float done to check for stomach parasites. Then you will know for sure.

As for the running around, and scratching at the glass it is usually due to husbandry issues, and your BD could just be telling you that he is not happy in his enclosure...

You should start off by posting a few pics of your set up and a quick run down of what type of lighting you are using.

Also, for the temps what kind of thermometer are you using?? should be a digital thermo with a wired probe, or a temperature gun. Analog dial gauges do not work. and you need to know the ambient air temp on both sides of the tank (they need a cool side as well as a hot side) as well as surface temps in the basking spot(s)

depending on the type of tank/cover setup (i.e. glass tank w/ full screen top) you should also know what your humidity levels are inside the tank. (too much humidity can lead to upper respitory infections)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sohaiko
Top Bottom