Ralph's Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 3 year old rescue Ralph :) I'm just going to link to my original post instead of saying it all over again :) viewtopic.php?f=3&t=176152

Its only been 5 days but I can't imagine him not being here! He's so sweet and loves to be taken out. For only being handled when his cage was being cleaned I'm impressed by how he acts. He does have something wrong with his eyes and has a hard time eating even when I hand feed. Its so hard to watch him try and eat. Its like he can't judge the distance very well so he kind of lunges around until he gets lucky and finally gets the food :(

He only weighed 190g 4 days ago and is 14.75" long. Today I weighed him after he pooped and he weighed 198g :blob5: Only now he hasn't eaten today and didn't eat his salad yesterday. I hope he's just starting to shed like all the other cold blooded creatures in my house. So far in his cage all he really does is sleep most of the day but he's been a lot more alert today. He has never puffed at me or shown any stress marks and the only time his beard darkened was when I put him back in his cage today. He's never had a basking light before now and I swear every morning when I turn on his light he looks at it like he can't believe its back. He really likes to sit with his head up towards the light :D I don't know how he managed to have no burns from the heat rock or how he digested his food after they lost the heat rock!

I let him roam around the living room a little after his bath this morning (ok, he didn't really go anywhere) and he seemed to enjoy it. Its the most alert and active I've seen him really.

100_1160.jpg

I had a scare during his bath and I noticed the bottom of his tail was black. I was almost in tears before I thought to see if it would come off...yeah, it was just poop :oops: He does have a bend in his tail and doesn't seem to be able to move the last couple of inches but its not black and he doesn't care if I touch it. It is darker than the rest of him but it lightens up when he's moving around. I'm still keeping an eye on it though.

Well that's about all that's going on in little Ralph's life so far :) He has a vet appointment next week and I'm hoping for good news! Oh, his cage has had a bit of a remodel since that pic in the original thread and he has a much better basking area now along with a food dish and some rocks on his cool side. That was a long day and we were both tired but looking at it now it looks so pathetic :roll:

KDK241

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I think I've created a monster. The first thing he did when I turned his light on this morning is glass dance. I thought maybe he wanted food since he hasn't eaten but no, the second my hand went in the cage he crawled right on it and tried to go up my arm, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom