R.I.P. sunkist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
You're right javier, it will be difficult, We've done it more than once. The new beardie you got will help you to heal from sunkist's death. When we lost Redrock on September 10 of 08 it was because she fell off my shoulder outside. She must have injured her head and died 10 days later as a result. I felt as you do that I killed her. We think there was something wrong with her that no one could find. She was clinging like velcro one minute and fell off me a couple of minutes later. Having Goldie (we were given her on a friday, the accident happened on Monday) did help us. It gave us another wonderful beardie to love and we bought Rosie a couple of weeks later and, even tho she doesn't have much of an appetite, she's still with us about 1.5 years later.

Roxie

IM REAL CURIOUS ABOUT THIS DEATH..HOW DO U KNW THAT A BERDIE ID DEAD? THEY MINE ALWAYS SCARES ME & I THINK THEY WERE DEAD!

bierdieman

Hatchling Member
I feel you and am sorry to hear about sunkist. I bought my first beardie Back in Augest 09 and I instantly fell in love with her. Well I had her a week and she was not eating and when I would hold her she would open her mouth wide her back legs would shake and she could not move her front legs. I took her back to the pet store (petsmart) and told them what was wrong and I returned her so that the vet bill would be the stores responsibility (afterwords I could buy her back). I checked back when she was back from the vet and she was in their recovery room. They would not tell me what was wrong but they told me she was on pretnazone. Over the next few weeks I checked on her and she went back to the vets about 3 times and showed some signs of recovery and then she just up and died :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I was devastated And of course I got another one right away but he couldnt replace my TIGER. Now I have 2 of my own and 2 I am selling and I am happy.

I am sorry for your loss

Emeraldcoast

Juvie Member
I am soooooo sorry about Sunkist. Rest assured that she is running around playing with my Miss Precious and Baby, and all the other wonderful angels. She knows she was loved. I am glad you brought another beardie home. There are so many that need good homes.

You may want to consider a larger tank. I bought a 55g at first also. I found out beardies grow fast. My 55g is now home for feeder insects. You may want to consider a 75g or a 90 gallon tank. They need room to be able to turn completely around. Plus, don't forget, the dishes, hammocks, etc., take up room of their own.

Take care.

Emerald

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
I am so sorry to hear about Sunkist. I agree with the other posters, she was ill and just wanted to be near you. Please try not to be too hard on yourself. I hope your new beardie will help ease the pain you are feeling in your heart.
R.I.P. Sunkist

nena

omg! I am so sorry for your loss... just thinking about losing Charlie makes me shiver! This is really scary though... Charlie sleeps with me... but he sleeps on top of a memory foam pillow on the other side of my bed... and he's never tried to go anywhere else... Now i'm a bit afraid :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom