R.I.P. Lilly

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been trying for days to post on here but everytime I'd just completely break down and leave. :cry:
Even now I'm a complete mess but I hope this will help and maybe I can find an answer.
My gal Lilly and I were inseparable. I worked from home and her enclosure was right beside me in the office. She spent at least 3 hours every day with me. The rest looking at me.
I just don't understand what happened!!!!
We went on a weeks vacation and leading up to it she was doing what she did last year, starting brumation. I kept a detailed diary on her (feeding, shed, weight, length, baths, brumation,everything). Last year she shouldn't of even went into brumation because she was 8-9 months old. She was really cutting back on her food and activeness. But also very bright. Her eyes mouth vent were all perfect. Always had regular stools. I had a responsible person look after her, our cat and 2 corn snakes. Snakes just needed fresh water and Lilly was offered a salad everyday but never ate any.
I even changed her 5 month old reptisun 10.0 before I left. She was in perfect health. Other than slowing down and entering sleep mode she was perfect. 3 baths a week, reg. vitiamins, calcium. She was slightly over weight.
Her temps never changed when we were away.
My cat and Lilly were best pals. She'd cuddle up with my cat in the slidding glass door pillow sunning. But she was in her cage the whole time when we were away. My cat has been in the office 1-2 times everyday doing this freaking deep long meows we got home on dec 7th.

It comes down to this. She was either sick already which I don't think so. Being in perfect "looking, acting" health the wednesday before to dying 4-5 days later seems unlikely. It's just to fast. My wifes friend said it could of been the wifi in the same room. Again I doubt that. Plus it was all shut down when we went away and every night.
Could it possibly be from loneliness? My wife & kids couldn't get over how attached she was to me and me to her. It just kills me if she died from loneliness. :cry:
I know I've never felt the way I do in all my 46 years. :cry: I've been crying several times a day for 11 days. My heart is broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom