R.I.P. Boog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jarett_harrison

Sub-Adult Member
y beardie named boog died today. heres a tribute for him.

Here hes is on easter of 08
DSC02580.jpg

another pic
DSC02588.jpg

and the last two pics are him the day i got him
DSC02444.jpg

DSC02292.jpg

Good bye Mr. boog. He was a little bugger at times, but my favorite animal overal.
about two weeks ago he was vomiting and haveing horrible direah. (sp?) so i took him to the a&m ER vet and after two days of testing, found out he had liver failure. so i got him some pain meds and pedialyte. i ddint want them doing all kinds of weird things to him because he gets very scared when not in his own surroundings. I took him in the living room once and he flipped out. pooped everywhere and ran for cover. when in my room he was fine. exploring, tourmenting the other animlas in their cages on the floor. doing lizard stuff. i dont know if you guys remember, but i had made a post about him choking and me having to pull the worm from his throat? yeah that was this guy. bites more than he can chew. i also have a few scares from him because if you put your hand over him he attacks. but once you had him out he was fine. he was my booger. one of my other beardies, when shes out of her cage always goes to see him. headbobs black beardes, etc. and today i let her out running on the floor and she goes to his cage as usual. she was very puzzeled when there were no lightts and no boog. I felt so bad for her because she looks so sad that her buddy isnt there. i miss him laot moer than i though i would miss him when i first got him and he ate the crap outa my fingers. i got him from petco two and a half years ago as my second beardie. he was a teeny tiny four inches! he was having a hard time with all of those big beardies in with him and didnt get food or to bask. i had seen him twice a week for about four weeks and finaly told my mom he was coming home with us.so i had to spend all my birthday and christmas money to buy a new tank and such. but it was well worth it. well, i really needed to say all that to someone so thanks for reading. it means alot. R.I.P. Boog.
DSC00148.jpg

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
So sorry for your loss. :cry: He will be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge, playing with all our friends who have gone on. Try not to dwell on these last weeks. Give his little friend extra hugs and snuggles to help her through to. Animals do seem to mourn, too.

Sandy H

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I know how you hurt over his loss. I'm really sorry. It helps to have another to love. It keeps you busy. You will have the wonderful memories from you year with him, that does help.

Lori

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Jarett, I am so sorry to hear about Boog. I had no idea he was that ill.
You were a very good daddy to Boog and I'm sure he loved you deep down inside, but acted all tough on the outside.

Hugs from me, Pookie, Buddy, and Zim

jarett_harrison

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
thanks guys. im getting a new beardie soon but i think im going to fel bad for replacing him so fast. but it will help get my mind off my little buddie. i had to clean out his cage yesterday. that was hard knowing that he would never be in that cage again.=[

Im sorry for you. We had a water dragon that had the same problem. We had to let her go :( It took me a few years to decide ever to have anouther lizard . But with the help from these people from this site I fell like we can do better this time. We got a hmeless bd. I hope we do a good job with her. I love her lots :D

SuperMom30

Hatchling Member
(((Hugz))) I am soooo sorry for your loss! I know just how you feel...it took me 2 years before I bought aother after Bubba passed...They bring such joy to our lives and touch our hearts in a way we never thought possable...((((Hugz)))) We are all here for you. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom