Questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is a beardie site, I have two, but we also just recently bought a Uromasytx and I was hoping someone on here would know something about them. I'm just a little worried.

I noticed that he always has this sort of white, crystal-like, hardened powder around his nose. I wipe it off when I see it because it seems to cover his nostrils and I'm afraid he can't breathe. I went on a uromasytx site and read that it was nothing to worry about and that it is toxins he is releasing from his body. I just don't know if maybe it is something more because it is there everyday, all day and if I wipe it off I feel like it's back within 30 minutes. Also, when I hold him (which is minimal because he seems to hate it) I hear clicking noises coming from his face. I read on here about beardies having that and it could be a sign of a nasal infection of some sort. I was wondering if anyone knows if it could be the same thing for uromasytxs.

Please help, I'm worried. He's about 3 months mabye? I wasn't really sure how old he was when we got him. His basking spot is at aqbout 122-125 and his cool area is about 88-90. He has one heating pad and he eats collard greens, carrots, and actually he's been eating the beardies hard food because the beardies hate it. (btw, I hope that isn't bad for him..) He seems to really like it. I have him on repti-sand but I am switching that out for playsand from home depot next week. I just haven't gotten a chance to do that recently.

If you know anything that could help, that would be great! Thanks.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi, I'm sorry but I don't know anything about Uromasytx but thought it might be a good idea to also post your questions here if you haven't already. viewforum.php?f=72

Zemanski

Hatchling Member
I know very little about uros but it sounds like he may have a respiratory infection, it would probably be best to take him to a vet

I will pm you with a site where I know there are people experienced with a range of lizards including uros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom