Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
How big does the beardie have to be to eat superworms???
How do I get the beardie to eAt fruit??? It will lick it but not eat it haha
That's all I could think of for now I'll ask more later when I can think of it

LJean

Extreme Poster
Other than keep trying fruits, I have no suggestions. Mine don't really like fruit for some reason.

Dragons should be at least 16" in length to eat supers because of their shell and how big they are.

beardlover

Juvie Member
Vinny usually only licks at her fruit b/c she has trouble picking it up (if its nice and juicy like she likes it), so I hold a little piece between 2 fingers, rub it on her nose so she can smell it/lick her lips and taste it. Shen telts her head back as far as she can and and takes it from my fingers...

bongripper420

Original Poster
Ahhh thanks
It'll be awhile before I can feed him supers then
And I guess I'll keep trying with the fruit and keep trying different stuff

beardlover

Juvie Member
Super worms have a hard 'shell'. they are difficult for them to digest so it's not a great choice for a live feeder.

Whatever you choose, make sure that it is not bigger then the space between their eyes.

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
Be sure to try different types of fruits, too. My beardie doesn't care for banana or apple, but she does like strawberries and raspberries, a lot. I try to cut them into shapes/pieces that are easier to pick up, too - since, like a PP said, they can be slippery.

Superworms are freaky! I just started to feed them to my two rescues, and they are creepy.

PuffMagic

Juvie Member
my guy loves butterworms and wax worms; he is only 12inches long and the worms are the space between his eyes so works out great. So funny as soon as he sees the worms he will come running towards me!! as for the fruit I do the same, cut it and place infront of beardies face and will lift his head and chomp down!!

bongripper420

Original Poster
Ya I'll be trying the butters and waxes out very shortly
Butters are soooo expensive though and wax worms I heard are very fatty, much like mcdonalds
Would it be ok to feed something like 3-4 waxes a day to a 9 inch beardie???
I'm going to be getting phoenix worms too but the problem is they go through them so fast!!
Ahhhh lol
What to do....what to do...

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
bongripper420":42662 said:
Ya I'll be trying the butters and waxes out very shortly
Butters are soooo expensive though and wax worms I heard are very fatty, much like mcdonalds
Would it be ok to feed something like 3-4 waxes a day to a 9 inch beardie???
I'm going to be getting phoenix worms too but the problem is they go through them so fast!!
Ahhhh lol
What to do....what to do...

I wouldn't feed anymore than 1 wax worm daily, and that would be more than others would recommend.
I don't consider the butter worms any more expensive than the phoenix worms. Premiumcrickets.com sells them 25 for $6, and a cup of phoenix worms are $6. I feed 5 butter worms for lunch, which with the phoenix worms, I was feeding about 30-40. So, I get 5 feedings from one cup of butters, while I was only getting 3-4 out of a cup of pws. Now, my Blaze quit eating phoenix worms, anyways! And, now, I also get the butterworms in bulk from mulberry farms. They have them in larger cups. Premiumcrickets - .24¢ per worm. Mulberry farms - .20¢ per worm. Not a big difference, but every penny helps. (Mulberry farms doesn't sell smaller amounts cheaper, though, and they are out atm...)

So, no they aren't cheap, but they aren't any more expensive than some other options.
Now that I have two rescues, in addition to my Blaze, my food budget is going haywire. :banghead:
Not to mention the new MVB and light fixture that is on it's way, plus even more crickets! Thank goodness they are adults, but too bad I can't get them to eat much veg!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixxie
Top Bottom