Questions re: eggs. HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

annlizardlover97

Hatchling Member
In answering sum of ur posts & reading a lot, I realize I've got a couple of ?? I'm not sure how to handle as different sites have sed diff things. My main probs r w/ temp & humidity. I have a homemade incubator, the one in a 10-gal aquarium, brick, water, aquar heater & eggs in 2-3" of vermiculite in plastic container. I just replaced the towel (I had no lid) on top a few days ago w/ a large (almost 3' x 2') plastic tub lid which I cut 4 2" holes in top to get some air in. I used the towel w/ my last eggs 4 yrs ago & they were fine but it was recommended to me that I needed a better lid so I fixed that. I've read this both ways: u can cover the plastic container holding the eggs w/ a lid, or not. Last time I didn't use one but am now wundring if I shud have a lid on that container too. If so, do I put holes in it? This week here in central NC we've had a heat wave & it's in the mid 90's daytime. B4 this week my incubator temp was around 82-83. Now it's up to 86 & I've seen it as high as 87 so took the lid off 4 a few & it dropped some. I don't wanna cook my eggs!! The humidity really fluctuates, as I've seen it in the 40's but also as hi as 68%. I just read for beardie eggs it shud b btw 70-90%! Is this right?? That seems awful high but this article sed if was below 60% the eggs wud die. Mayb that's why I'm down from the 19 she laid to now only 8. I know there were 4 for a fact that were infertile. The rest of them look great, very plump, growing & expanding out, & I wanna keep it that way!! I also read that if the embryo is on the bottom facing down, the egg will die. I've tried to candle my eggs but don't have a penlight just a flashlight. I'm gonna try it again tonight. If I see any facing down, shud I turn them? I've heard u shud NEVER move the egg out of the position it was laid in and very gently transferred them from the nest to the incub container w/o turning them over. I've really read so many different things I'm now confused. :study: after losing so many, am not sure what to do to save the rest! Whoever can answer any of these ??, pls do so, as I desperately don't wanna lose any more of these precious babies! Thx. :banghead:

annlizardlover97

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
SOMEONE PLS HELP!!! All my eggs but 3 now have dimples & look like they want to collapse. Yesterday my AC broke. It was down for 4 hrs of course on the hottest day here so far. The temp in the incubator got to 88!!! I was having major panic attacks & dint no what to do. Now my eggs r like this. I asked the question about temp & humidity & got no answer & now this has happened. Sum1 pls answer!! Am not sure what to do!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom