Questions on noticing fattness

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazymum

Hatchling Member
Just wondering how long does it take for them to produce eggs when you notice them getting fatter and fatter???
She has not been bred so they would be infertile but she is around 10-12 months old
Just curious if she is just getting fat really fast or if she is becoming gravid because we have cut her back on foods as she is becoming too fat. Its about month or month and a half since we noticed her gaining more and more weight.

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
If in fact she does have eggs in her it could be anytime!!! But I would not recommend cutting back food!!! This is her growth spur so she is growing up to be a cutie pie!!! You want to make sure she gets all the nutrition she needs!! And also expect a shed soon if she is getting bigger!!!!! Just my 2cents....

Lance

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
Has she been around any males? If not I think she might be too young to be producing infertile eggs. And when you say that you've been cutting back her food because she's gaining too much weight, how much does she weigh, and how long is she?

My girl is 18 months (or so), 17 inches and about 450grams. She looks nicely fat, and not overweight in my opinion.

crazymum

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
we have not weighed her but her belly touches the ground when she walks... lol and most of the time now she will only eat her salad and superworms will go a day or 2 without eating her crickets. even tho i offer them to her plus she just had a fuzzy yesterday and 3 weeks ago she had a pinkie

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
Ok, they aren't supposed to eat fuzzies. Fuzzies are too big, and the bones are too developed for them to digest them properly. Pinkies are ok on occasion. I personally won't give pinkies unless my female is gravid, and then she only gets one every 2 weeks. I'd be watching for impaction from giving her the fuzzy. Plus you need to cut back on her protein for the rest of this week and next because you gave her the fuzzy.

My girl's belly touches the ground when she walks too. She refuses crickets, but will eat her supers and salads, just like yours. It'd be good if you had length and weight for her, that way we could she if she's weight/length proportionate.

crazymum

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
well she is 17 inches long do not know her weight but i will talk to my bf about getting a scale to weigh her and the fuzzy was a small mouse. not very big

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom