Question on viv making

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lizbman

I have this old fish tank and was wandering if I could use it as a cage? (Also what does viv mean?) I am worried about the glass top or if I remove it I am then worried about both crickets and my beardie jumping out. Only cuz I have some logs and stuff for it to climb for fun and to get close to his basking ares. He is fast and in the evening he runs around like crazy and is now in a 30gal. But my other on is a 100gal tank
4foot long 2foot tall and one side is a foot while the other is 2 feet wide,as seen in the pic. Unless you think I can build a screen top for it. Any way what do ya'll think. To use OR NOT to use...the fish tank?

fullview.jpg

Full view below. It is still in the same spot right in the living room where we spend our time most.

fullviewtb.jpg

beardieaddict

Sub-Adult Member
viv means viviarium its just a better word for tank thats all u could use that for a viv but u wouldnt want the glass top u need a screen top because it would get humid in there with the glass on top and that would kill a beardie u could make a screen top for it but it might be kinda hard because it looks like the fish tank has a wave to it if i was u i would try to sell it on craiglist or something and then just buy a square viv good luck

doopie

Top for the tank should be pretty easy. Take a piece of plywood or melamine and then lay it on top. scribe the edges and then scribe another line 2" inches inside of that. Scribe some lines from one side to the other where your lights would not be and then cut it out and use some screen to fill in the openings.

To make an enclosed top you could use thin plywood and clamp it to the tank so that it forms the curves as well and then cut the plywood top to keep its shape.

Raymond

doopie

I will have a thread with pictures when I get mine completed.

Can't do during since design is part of implementation and poop happens :)

Raymond

causeascene203

Hatchling Member
Another reason you wouldn't want to use the glass top: glass filters out the UVB. If you put your UV bulb on top of the glass, your dragon won't be getting any of its benefits!

Post pictures of your progress! I like how unique the shape is, and I bet your dragon will like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom