Question on new adopted beardie - hard sides?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgodman1011

Hatchling Member
My daughter adopted a beardie yesterday from someone who clearly didn't know how to take care of her (they thought she was a he). Anyway, her sides are quite hard, like where the ribs are. Other than a few missing toes and a curled tail she seems healthy and very active. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what the hardness might be from? Thanks!!

jgodman1011

Hatchling Member
Original Poster

It's hard to tell from this picture but she seemed stuff on her sides. I bathed her and now she's softer. Doesn't make sense to me but she seems to feel better. She actually lapped up a bunch of water while bathing too.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
She might have just been nervous + tensed up, that can make the spikes feel harder, and she is pretty spikey. Nice healthy looking girl, and it's good when they drink in the bath, 1-2X a week is fine for an adult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom