Question / Non-dubia feeders

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbattisti

Juvie Member
OK, so, after going to great lengths to secure an inexpensive, ongoing food source for Khalil (dubias), Khalil has apparently decided that he is too good for them. Won't touch them any more. He DOES, however, adore butter worms, which cost me $60 a month through Mulberry Farms, which is entirely NOT in my budget. Does anyone have suggestions for other (non-cricket) feeders that I can easily maintain so I don't go broke buying butters? (Will probably cross-post this on bd.org.)

Any suggestions for feeding my beardie on a budget, but with a dubia-level of maintenance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Cnochur

Hatchling Member
Dude I have the same problem. Mine loved dubias for like 3 days and then just started ignoring them. I'm commenting here just to bump it up the list 'cause I'd love to hear some answers as well.

sbattisti

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Incidentally, sorta answering my own question, but some other friends have suggested superworms as a possible alternative. Apparently they aren't all that hard to raise, and even if you can't raise them yourself, they're much less expensive than butters. $16.50 + shipping for 1,000 here.

MrWhite

Sub-Adult Member
sbattisti":3951jmr1 said:
Incidentally, sorta answering my own question, but some other friends have suggested superworms as a possible alternative. Apparently they aren't all that hard to raise, and even if you can't raise them yourself, they're much less expensive than butters. $16.50 + shipping for 1,000 here.

watch for the bd.org deals from Lindasgonebuggie, I got 1000 supers for $10+shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom