Question about shelf adhesive liner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monotov

Hatchling Member
Hi, I switched my beardie's enclosure a month and a half ago. First it was carpet, then sand, then carpet again. But a month and a half ago I switched to shelf adhesive liner. It works great and anytime they poop I just wipe it up, take them out of the tank and spray it with 409 to sanitize the area, then put them back in. My question is how often should I actually remove the entire shelf adhesive and put in a brand new layer down? I haven't done so yet, I clean their tanks once a week and when I do I spray the entire shelf adhesive with 409 to sanitize it. Thanks for the help.

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
You really shouldn't have adhesive shelf liner in there. The glue can become toxic when heated. You should use the kind without adhesive.

Monotov

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Really?? Oh no! :(

Could I find regular shelf liner at like Walmart? I'm going there tomorrow to get some things.

Monotov

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well... actually I'm not sure what kind of shelf liner it was.. It is the kind that peels and sticks.. I'm assuming that's the adhesive?

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Yeah, that would be adhesive. You want one without any sticky on the back. If you can't find it, I would switch to paper towel until you can but I would think walmart would have it.

Monotov

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yes I'm searching online right now and I see "Non-adhesive shelf liner" So I'll buy that tomorrow while I'm out and switch them right away. Good thing I asked, thanks for that information! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom