Question about setup MVB + Basking

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshK

0614102024.jpg

55 gallon tank (48x13x20)

Right now the Powersun 100w MVB is on the left hand side.. from the wood or the rock basking spots it is 15-16" away. Temperature is low 90's.

On the right hand side is a 150w zoomed basking spot light. temperature is low 100's.

The baby drag seems to just chase the 150w regardless of what side I put it on.

If I put both lights on the same side then the temperature becomes too warm.

As he starts to grow I plan on purchasing a new enclosure once his turn around space is limited but for right now this is what I have to work with.

Edit: also any idea for an easy backdrop? I've tried the acquarium back drop we used with fish.. both sides (all black and underwater) and both are shiny.. he attempts to jump off the logs into the reflection logs.

I'm worried he's not going to get any UVB.

Thoughts? and thanks for your input.

Joshk

jeschardies

Hatchling Member
I'm guessing he likes the warmth of the 150w bulb. In one of my enclosures, the megaray does not get as warm as my powersun mvb. I added a 45w spot light to add just enough heat to bring the temps from 90's to more around 100. Maybe you can try a smaller wattage bulb with the powersun if you feel its not warm enough? If you want light on both sides, use a lower wattage spot light with the powersun and a lower wattage house bulb for some heat and light, but mostly light.
I added a non uvb fluorescent to add light to my enclosures. No heat and plenty of light.

Good luck

ajkry2

Gray-bearded Member
jeschardies":1xobwyds said:
I'm guessing he likes the warmth of the 150w bulb. In one of my enclosures, the megaray does not get as warm as my powersun mvb. I added a 45w spot light to add just enough heat to bring the temps from 90's to more around 100. Maybe you can try a smaller wattage bulb with the powersun if you feel its not warm enough? If you want light on both sides, use a lower wattage spot light with the powersun and a lower wattage house bulb for some heat and light, but mostly light.
I added a non uvb fluorescent to add light to my enclosures. No heat and plenty of light.

Good luck
+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom