Question about new Reptisun UVB lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCSUCarrie

Juvie Member
Hi everyone,
I had seen a new product from Reptisun which includes the 5 and 10.0 UVB bulbs and the corresponding hoods. I wasn't sure if anyone here had used them or if anyone has noticed a difference in these compared to the "regular" reptisun 10.0. From what I can tell to use the new bulbs you have to get the new hood as well. The hoods are touted as high reflective hoods and the new T5 HO bulbs are a couple inches different from the normal. I wasn't sure if the bulbs were essentially the same and the only difference was the length or if the output WAS higher and combined w/ a reflective hood increased it even more ? Supposedly the new 10-0 w/ the hoods are double the output from regulars.
Just wanted to see if anyone had heard about these, if there are ACTUAL reviews on them w/ UVB meter readings, or we aren't sure about them yet :)
Thanks for any help !!!
Carrie

RuselBro

Juvie Member
The New HO-T5 musy have a Special Fixture and the Fixture must also be HO "High Output". So those Bulb's will not work in a Normal Fixture.
The HO-T5 put out A Lot more UVB, and are made for an Enclosure that is 24 inches High or taller, because the put out so much more UVB they have to be placed further away.

I have seen a link somewhere that has some good testing done. Just Search around on here. It is a locked "sticky" thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom