Question about how dangerous and signs of D3 overdose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,
My vet had just started to have me give my guy calcium w/ d3 by syringe, the powdered kind. He had me do this because he would not eat food w/ powder on it. I gave him his first amount a couple of weeks ago but he had me give him basically nothing. Today he had me give him .6 mls of the same concentration ( It was about a spoon full of powder and to fill the bottom of the cup with water). I recetly started reading about D3 overdose and I was wondering how much calcium he would really need for this to occur and if there is anything I should do or look out for ! Thanks!!!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
You should buy liquid calcium, it's easier to give and it goes by weight. I buy the Food Spray Calcium by Zilla at my pet shop & give them .1 ml or cc per 100g in weight. So Gabriel is 560g, so I give him a bit extra .6 twice a week. Once a week I give him liquid vit/min .2 ml or cc. That would be much easier than fiddling around with the powder.

The age of your beardie will depend on how much he gets. I have a young one, just under a year old and he's almost 300g, so he gets .3 5x a week plus .1 vit/min twice a week. Once he's up to par on size, he'll go down to 3x a week for calcium and 1x a week for vit/min. Once he reaches 3 yrs old, he'll go down to the same as Gabriel, who's almost 4. It's more than enough for them at this rate & it's what I've given them for years. So no VitD toxicity.

If your pet shop doesn't have the Food Spray calcium, here are a couple of sites that you can order from. www.bug-de-lite.com or www.beardeddragon.co You'll get instructions with amts per weight. The times per week will stay as I've shown above.

Hope this helps. I'm not sure about the toxicity of D3 with powders as I've stopped using powders over 3 years ago. I've stuck with liquids since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom