Question about colour

Status
Not open for further replies.

haalojosie

Hi everyone,

I am hoping someone might have a little information for me on this because I'm not sure if this is a health issue or not.

I recently adopted two 7 year old bearded dragons who had been together their whole life. One of them however, I noticed, looked very thin and sort of emaciated. She was a very light pale grey colour while the other was a nice sized beige male.

Anyways, I had heard that when you move dragons they tend to get stressed out and stop eating however on the first night I fed them, the female was more than happy to gobble down most of the food. It looked almost as if she was starving. Since then she has had a very healthy appetite and has put on some weight so she is looking like a much healthier dragon now as I have been feeding them a very calculated diet to ensure she got all the nutrients she needed.
My inquiry is this: She is no longer light grey. Her skin has darkened, and it now has tones of brown and beige in it. While the male dragon has stayed the same colour.

I have researched on the web and it says that it usually is a sign of stress but I see no other indication of stress. She is very active, comes to the edge of the aquarium to greet me, is always ready for a cuddle or a run around the living room and has a very healthy appetite.

Does anybody have an idea if this drastic of a colour change (at her age) is normal? Perhaps she was malnourished when we adopted her and now she is just healthier? Or is there something else I should be concerned about?

Please let me know if you have any opinions (and sorry for the super long message) :)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You made the right decision. It sounds like she was starving and being dominated by the other dragon (they don't really play nicely together). By separating them you've been able to get her to eat well and be more relaxed so I think you're seeing her become more healthy and bounce back from her condition. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hitclubhomes1
Top Bottom