Question about a morph

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucisAbsentia

Hatchling Member
Hello! So, today I came across a photo of this beauty on Facebook today (I've linked it since it's not my photo, so I hope you all can see it!).

Now, I see a lot of commenters calling it a hypo zero. I'm curious, because I'm trying to learn more about different morphs, but wouldn't it be a trans zero? It has the eyes of a translucent dragon, and as far as my admittedly limited knowledge goes, there's nothing here to indicate that it's a hypo. It's not pastel, it's white and patternless, hence the zero morph, and we can't see it's nails so there's no indication that they're clear. Perhaps it could be a het hypo, but am I wrong in saying I just don't see how it would be a hypo?

Give me your thoughts/knowledge! I'm genuinely curious.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It's gorgeous, almost looks unreal. Maybe somebody really good at photoshop ? :D It does seem to have black eyes, but I'm also certain that it would be hypo as well. No color anywhere, lack of dark pigment.

LucisAbsentia

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hahaha it very well could be! Although I hope not, because it's simply stunning.

See, that's what I was confused about, wouldn't it being a Zero automatically negate the need to call it a hypo? I'm not a breeder and I'm not super connected so I don't know, but the fact that the characteristics of a zero are that it's colorless and patternless, to me, makes calling it hypo almost redundant, except for maybe the question of the clear nails. Like, I guess what my question is, then, is what would the difference between a Hypo Zero and non-Hypo Zero be?

LucisAbsentia

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I wish I knew, unfortunately I couldn't find anything on the page or the comments. I'm going to have to keep an eye out for more pictures though!

LucisAbsentia

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yeah, they seem to be very rare. I watched a video of a guy who had two, they were absolutely beautiful. They weren't trans though, so no black eyes. But there's not many pictures out there and I've only found one breeder that has a pair for breeding that currently had available babies. They're so beautiful though, perhaps one day when they're around longer, there will be more available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom