Queen, Gabriel and nowCleopatra! (RIP beautiful boy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of you might remember Queen, the beardie I rescued with MBD, unsanitary conditions and a bit underweight for a dragon her size and age. With a lot of help from a lot of members on this sight, Queen has improved a LOT, she still has MBD but she doesn't have the uncontrollable twitching like she had 3 weeks ago, she now weighs 194-200+ g where she weighed much less when I got her, she is now about 9 months old. And she can be a feisty little brat when she wants to :lol: When I got her she barely wanted to move, the past week she's been window dancing non stop.

DSCN0872.jpg

DSCN0813.jpg

Just before starting to shed
DSCN1140.jpg

DSCN1141.jpg

Her soon to be castle
DSCN1143.jpg

Check ma belly
DSCN1196.jpg

Gimme, Gimme, Gimme!
DSCN1224.jpg

Okay a little help here?
DSCN1238.jpg

Looking pretty as always
DSCN1236.jpg

Soaking up the heat
DSCN1256.jpg

DSCN1254.jpg

With natural sunlight, although not sure what her real color is but thinking grey,white
DSCN1138.jpg

Chilling in new temp viv
DSCN1276.jpg

Oh what's that?
DSCN1266.jpg

After shedding her head and part of her tail
DSCN1271.jpg

EDIT: To show Queen's possessiveness I'll post you some pictures :)

Queen: I don't know what this is but it's mine
Her on a whole block of Rose Quartz (I think)
IMG00937-20120703-1144.jpg

Queen: Mine, don't dare touching it slave!
IMG00947-20120704-1333.jpg

Queen: Oh sweet mother of Neptune, best place in the world -insert in love face here- this is definitely mine -proceeds to chase 10kg Maine Coone cat away from her new throne-
IMG00938-20120703-1148.jpg

I'll post about Tyrant tomorrow with a LOT of pictures just like my Queen :D And a few pictures not seen before taken on the day he was brought here by Drakenkeeper's brother.

penelepe

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you both for the compliments :)

Tyrant's story: Tyrant was rescued by my sister's boyfriend, he was only fed those dry juvenile pellets and normal lettuce, and only 2 crickets a day, so needless to say he was smaller and thinner than usual 2 year old dragons. Tyrant was also kept in a HUGE cage in terms of height, so the cage never warmed up really, because of the low temperatures he developed URI which was left untreated. He didn't even have a name, they only called him Dragon. He was never really handled. So when the boy's father remarried, the new wife wasn't so pleased about "Dragon" and threatened to kill "it". So they gave him away, where my friend's little brother took him, the day he brought him to us to show my family, Tyrant was lying flat the whole time. Which I haven't seen any dragon do before. Sadly I wasn't there at that time so my mother sent me a picture. I was horrified at what she told me about his previous care, for the first 4 days he was treated with Terramycin (sp?) and it seemed to be holding the URI in track, and on the last day we discovered Baytril at a variety shop! The guy sold to us out of his own bottle of Baytril a few ml's, we couldn't take him to a vet because the nearest herp vet was hours away. So he "gave" me Tyrant until he is much better. Tomorrow is the last day of him 10 day course. He isn't 100% but he is better than when we found him! No more rasping when he breaths no bubbles, mucus clears up occasionally and before nebulizing today my mother said he's mouth is clear of mucus, but after the nebulizing it was back. He still force exhales but not so much. He wasn't handled a lot but he is still the most calm and docile dragon I've met. He is very loving and just wants love, he likes snuggles, and is greatly loved in our household. It will be a shame to let him go but it's probably the good thing to do. It is still unsure if he has lymphona, blood test will be hopefully done monday. When we got him he was so weak and would almost crawl everywhere, I had to put him on his basking spot and when he got too hot I'd have to move him, he wouldn't do it on his own. On day 4 of Baytril he "jumped" from my hand onto his basking spot, where he usually crawls off slowly, and since then he is about 50% active. He is some kind of morph, if someone can please help me out to identify the color morph? He started shedding on his eyes, the scar tissue there, so not sure if the dullness of his body is because of that

His progress:

The day we saw him for the first time
Secunda-20120627-00154.jpg

DSCN1102.jpg

DSCN1108.jpg

DSCN1123.jpg

DSCN1124.jpg

DSCN1122.jpg

DSCN1134.jpg

DSCN1099.jpg

A few days ago:
DSCN1321.jpg

DSCN1323.jpg

Sorry for the way I'm holding him
DSCN1324.jpg

DSCN1326.jpg

DSCN1328.jpg

DSCN1322.jpg

Pictures taken on my phone:
IMG00969-20120708-0828.jpg

IMG00971-20120708-0837.jpg

IMG00952-20120706-0957.jpg

Excuse me who looks high and still half asleep
IMG00967-20120708-0811.jpg

Basking!
IMG00978-20120710-2114.jpg

morphmom

BD.org Addict
penelepe":3jtwo17w said:
Queen: I don't know what this is but it's mine
Her on a whole block of Rose Quartz (I think)
Queen: Mine, don't dare touching it slave!
Queen: Oh sweet mother of Neptune, best place in the world -insert in love face here- this is definitely mine

Love the attitude! :D
I loved reading every word of this thread. Queen and Tyrant are VERY lucky to have you. Can't wait for more pics and stories! :D

penelepe

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you! She indeed has a attitude LOL not even a vacuum cleaner scares her, or a cat. The cat is much more scared of her than she is.

Tyrant update! Took him to the vet he says the lump is more likely a fat deposit, it can be cancerous but not likely, the vet doesn't feel comfortable removing the lump in his mouth but he says the one 2 hours away can do it. He injected him with Baytril gave Flagyl with Panacur and gave us 50% discount, $26 for everything and that is consultation medicine he gave hills a/d critical care and probioticssa. We have to take him back tomorrow and the day after for more Baytril injections.

So hopefully he gets much better with the injections

penelepe

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
An overdue update :blob8: :blob8:

Tyrant began eating on his own!! Video coming soon! His URI isn't cleared yet but with the antibiotics, the abscess in his mouth started to shrink where it was large and yellow it's now smaller and pink! He is a bit impacted but working on that, can it be from panacur? He had a dose and since then no poop, but when I massage the belly I don't feel lumps, but then again he tried to poop and nothing came out :( So day 2 of Olive oil and a nice bath. He had his Panacur on Tuesday. It didn't worry me at first because he barely ate something, would occasionally lick some baby food off his nose but that's that. He didn't want to bask much because I didn't notice ant infestation in his viv (It's in my brother's room) So got the ants cleared out and the viv put on bricks. So he is basking more! Hopefully the more basking will do the trick.

Queen update! We did a fecal for her and the vet says she is healthy and strong, not even a parasite egg in her poop. So the stinky poop is normal for her. She got her appetite back after her last shed. Now she acts like she's never gotten food in the mornings. She dives onto the dish even before I can set it down. But then she eats only half of it. She's pooping like normal and basking much more!

Pictures coming soon!

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
I've got to tell you...I have been so concerned with you not having uvb lights and it taking so long to get them,,,but now I know I wasn't really aware of the whole story and just how bad the situation was. I am so glad that you took in these dragons..they may have to wait a little for a uvb light,,,but you do take them outside and they are so much better off than they were,,,,and YOU ARE DOING A GREAT JOB WITH THEM!! Thank you for saving these babies!!!

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
OMG you finally did make them a thread! I can't believe I have missed it so far - just ran across it today. Queen looks amazing and what a perfect name for her! She is a princess isn't she? She just looks so great, even having a belly there, too. And Tyrant looks like he has really come a long way. You have had quite the experience with them both, but you never gave up. I'm really, really glad. Hope you can get Tyrant's problems solved, sounds like he is still in some bad shape, but you've come so far with him in a relatively short time.

:blob5: I will keep looking for more updates!! :D

penelepe

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi everyone! Sorry for being so quiet! Internet died for a few weeks :evil: Anyway, I haven't been able to take the dragons out for a bit of UVB, winter kicked it's butt into full gear and gave the whole country snow, so for the first time since 1997 it snowed here, everything was melted this morning but it was still way to cold to take them out. So instead of calcium I gave them vitamins. As soon as I find my camera I shall upload pictures (I know I've promised for a while, this time for real, I hope)

Queen: She started shedding! (Again!) She is almost done, she shed the bottom half of her body, upper part of tail and is still shedding a foot. So proud! She still has an endless cricket pit of a tummy, doesn't matter how rotten she feels. She is almost 250g! Everyone says she is fat, and I'm proud of it :lol:

Tyrant: This boy is a sure fighter. We are still battling URI (This URI is starting to become a pain in the behind) He is MUCH more alert than he was a few weeks ago, he is getting a belly and he weighs 150g! I'm still limiting protein but it's because small crickets are too small and medium crickets grow to big for him, so I have to select them carefully before giving and I only get about 10 before I give up. Anyway he is getting more and more energy by the day, I almost died a little when I discovered his mad dashes is not nearly as slow as Queen's dashes, if he starts to run my heart stops a little :lol:

Tyrant and Queen saw each other for the first time about a week ago, he was in a small cage which I use to put them in for outside time, and Queen in her cage while I prepared her crickets, I look away for few minutes, look back at Queen, her beard was pitch-black, she was head bobbing slowly and arm-waving, now I can't put them in sight of each other if I don't want a total black beard from her side. He is just chill.

Pictures coming tomorrow (If internet doesn't die)

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
Happy to hear they are doing good!! Hopefully Tyrants URI will get better soon! I can't believe you got snow! Keep up the good work and keep us updated!!

penelepe

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
As promised! Here is some pictures of Tyrant, pictures of Queen coming soon!

DSCN1621.jpg

DSCN1622.jpg

DSCN1626.jpg

DSCN1627.jpg

DSCN1628.jpg

DSCN1624.jpg

DSCN1625.jpg

DSCN1629.jpg

DSCN1635.jpg

DSCN1634.jpg

DSCN1631.jpg

As you all can see he is much more plump, still skinny but not as much any more. He LOVES his squash and crickets, it still has to get fed to him, but otherwise he is (Almost) healthy and happy!

penelepe

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Took Queen out for a few minutes of exploring, got pictures of course :D

DSCN1670.jpg

DSCN1671.jpg

DSCN1665.jpg

DSCN1664.jpg

DSCN1660.jpg

DSCN1661.jpg

DSCN1692.jpg

Quite a few shades of grey
DSCN1687.jpg

DSCN1679.jpg

DSCN1692.jpg

DSCN1680.jpg

DSCN1675.jpg

DSCN1682.jpg

DSCN1677.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom