Quarintine..

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewlloyd

Juvie Member
Hey guys,

I'll be getting a new addition in the next couple of weeks, a beautiful red female beardie from Rick Walker, down here on Oz.

I do have some questions about Quarintine though, and if it is needed?

- Is it needed? lol
- If it is, how long for, ive heard 2 months? (60 days)
- Are the two allowed to be in the same room, as ive also heard that they are as that most disease's arnt airborn?
- Ovbiously hygine would be the major issue here with handling both of them, is there anything else i need to look out for?

They wont be housed together, as im building a Stacker, with the female going on the bottom of my males cage, but if quarintine is needed i will build a seperate smaller cage until the time is up.

Cheers guys

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Personally I feel that quarantining is necessary...you by no means would want to infect your existing beardie if the new beardie were to have something contagious that no one was aware of.

I normally keep them quarantined for 30 days minimum until they receive a clean bill of health from the vet.

When I say quarantine what I mean is no cross contaminating. For instance don't use the same tongs for feeding bugs to both...wash hands between touchings so that your not spreading anything if it's there. Don't allow anything to be shared.

Gratz on the upcoming addition.

andrewlloyd

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Ok great!
Thanks for getting back to me.

So as i said the main thing here is the hygine and cross contamination.

They will be fine to be in the same room?
- not going to be able to see each other, Chace i think may go a little crazy! He hasnt seen another beardie for about 9 and a half months!

Thankyou!
I cant wait to get her.. Ive got a pic of her ill post when i get home..

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom