puking water?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDMom22

Juvie Member
Okay, so this is about Puff again, not sure how many member any of my stories about him in brumation or not.

Anyway, all day he was out on his rock , didnt eat but sat in the heat and stuff, I just put some water in a lil tub and let him get hydrated. i took him out and brought him in here wraped ina towel, and he started to act like werid, he was moving his body back and forth, then he started to act like he was choking, and a lil water came up. I wiped it and then he made a snort noise, it scared me and i sorta droped him, but not from far, just my chset to like my lap.. anyways i went to pick him up and he puked alot, like more then 3 tablespoons of water.. I just sat him right back under his light and ran to post this

anyone ever had this happen? its never happend w/ my others. is it b/c he took to much in? will he be ok? what do i do now? how long til i turn his lights off after tha happend, should i put him back into shallow water so he gets water again but not enough to drink?

Uh this dragon is so stressful and so much work :(

TheWolfmanTom

Extreme Poster
Could be He just drank to much to fast.
But keep an Eye on Him to. I have one dragon that spends so much time in a water dish Im starting to think He is anphibian, but now im alway worried about RI's

Fallencomrade2008

Juvie Member
When your dragon is drinking if they haven't had enough water they just wont know when to stop. My boy bubba has done it 2 times. The second time i warned the little fatty. I made him stop drinking and he just went right back to it. It's a bit of a family joke now. My brother will make fun of it all the time. "I will drink as much water as i want!"......"Huuuah!" it's funny and sad at the same time but it's better to laugh at lifes little mishaps. Your dragon should be just fine and will hopfully learn from his mistakes. In the future try to get him to soak in water more often and he wont get so thristy.

BDMom22

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Twobeardieguy":1776a said:
Just make sure you keep his viv warm! Can you hear any noises coming from him?

No noise. Today he had a tiny poop (which is good b/c hes just getting up from brumation) I put some collard greens and super worms, he ate 3 supers and no greens so far. But he has to be feeling a lil better b/c hes doing that scartch like let me outta here. I'm going to put him in a tiny bit of water in just a few mins, for him ill do short baths everyday since he just got up. When he ate his supers he did sound a lil dry, well i shouldnt say dry b/c I dont know what it was, just I dont notice it from my other beardies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom