Puffing Up & Blowing Air ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronzie

Hatchling Member
Before lunch I was checking on my beardie and she puffs up her throat & blows out air, then holds her mouth open for about 10-20 seconds. It almost looks likes she's going to puke. She repeats this every couple of minutes.
She is over 4 1/2 months old and has great color. Her lighting, food and such is ok.

Anyone know what this is?

ziggy23

Gray-bearded Member
normal. my dragons do it all the time especially after they ate really fast.

the beard puffing is stretching, the open mouth is for to cool down a little, and the breathing is just that.

Ronzie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
ziggy23":ja4n3c57 said:
normal. my dragons do it all the time especially after they ate really fast.

the beard puffing is stretching, the open mouth is for to cool down a little, and the breathing is just that.

I just gave her a 15 minute warm bath and she's seems fine now. Kinda had me a little worried.

The way she was breathing was like she was trying to push out a big poop. But she had a big poop about 2 hours ago.

nair88

Gray-bearded Member
falkor did that exact same thing this morning as he was waking up. i thought it was cute.

Ronzie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
It wasn't her puffing up and stretching her jaw/mouth which she does pretty much every day.
It was kinda scary.

nair88

Gray-bearded Member
Ronzie":358cguh0 said:
It wasn't her puffing up and stretching her jaw/mouth which she does pretty much every day.
It was kinda scary.
ah, ok - the stretching is more what falkor was doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom