Puffing body

Status
Not open for further replies.

izzyLizzy

Hello, all.

I don't like making new threads on topics that have already been discussed, but either I'm bad at searching the forums or I'm just bad at searching the forums. Lol

Anyway, I've noticed at times that Izzy will kind of, like... Puff his body and beard. He feels really hard and almost flat when he does this. It seems he does it for no reason, and (to me) doesn't look aggressive. But I could be wrong.

I also don't think it's due to shedding since he does it at random times (again- I could be wrong), even when he isn't shedding. He does it for about 30 seconds to a minute at most. Usually I'll pet him and he slowly deflates and acts fine. I did try to get a picture, but he saw me and started shrinking again.

full

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sometimes it's to loosen a shed as you say, sometimes it's mood related. They often pancake to increase surface area when they bask too. It's tough to say what the exact cause is in this case but the behavior is pretty normal and if he's reacting well to you and not doing it for very long I wouldn't worry about it.

izzyLizzy

Original Poster
Okay, thanks for the response. I guess I get a little paranoid with these little dudes. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hitclubhomes1
Top Bottom