Puffing Beard

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoubleJ

Juvie Member
Another question folks. I am sat here obssessively staring at Basil my beardie and I noticed that he doesnt look as relaxed as he did yesterday. He isn't in his basking spot all flat and relaxed. He is halfway down the length of his viv with the front of his body raised off the ground he has black stripes down his tummy and is darker in colour than usual. I have just seen him inflate his beard a couple of times. I replaced his reptiglo 5 with a reptisun 10 this morning and he has eaten a lil for the 1st time in days and he was scratching his beard against his rock earlier. Any ideas why he doesnt seem as relaxed as usual? Thanks :)

Livey

Extreme Poster
Sounds like he`s going to shed, and feeling a bit uncomfortable about it :)
They often get grumpy when shedding

DoubleJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Lol maybe i should build an annexe and you could move in with the family for a few months/years Olivia :D It is a relief to hear that though (well a relief for me not for him unfortunately). We are chillin out watching Star Trek Deep Space Nine atm. He was happy to have a cuddle and now he is sat at the bottom of my bed. How long does it take beardies to shed? It looks like it's going to be his tail and back legs as they are a slightly grey. OOps he has comd to see what I am doing :) Quick pic hang on ...
013.jpg

At least he is still interested in things :) I guess I shouldnt worry too much :oops:

Livey

Extreme Poster
Lol :lol:
All sheds take different amounts of time really...
Baths will help it come off faster and what not :)
He`s a very pretty little boy!

DoubleJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I shall wait (impatiently) and pander to his every whim (as per usual). And thank you, I think he is a total yummy - but then I am a wee bit biased :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom