Puffing and Gaping when I lie on my bed

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaughingBuddha

Hatchling Member
My Beardie Hates it when I lie (ok when I sit) on my bed. she usually closes her eyes when I'm looking at her but sometimes (including this afternoon an hour after I got back from work) she started puffing and gaping. I said Hey! in a hard tone and she stopped lol. She also doesn't like it when I put my shoes and sock on in the mornings. She often makess her self big and sometimes puffs up. I realise that as she is turning for months tomorrow, starting to turn into a Juvi and shedding she will probably be grumpy but I was wondering if anyone has heard of this before. I think the fact the viv is on the floor has sometimes to do with me putting my shoes on. Usually black socks and blue timberlands. But the bed thing is very strange. Apprt from this she is a little skittish but a happy and well fed dragon and never displays any agression.

Mummapinkham

Hatchling Member
Harry gets all puffy when I walk around getting things together as if I am leaving. Its like he knows when I am going out and gets all agitated. Maybe when you put your socks and shoes on your lil guy thinks you are leaving him? When I do leave I need to put the radio on for noise or I come home to a VERY CRANKY Harry!! Maybe he puffs at you when you sit on the bed because he wants to sit with you, just a thought. Beardies have their own little personalities that we may never understand.

LaughingBuddha

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the reply. I don't think she wants to go on my bed. She is a very independant Dragin and loves to go off and do her own thing lol. The only thing I can think of as to why she doesnt like me lying on the bed could be that she doesnt like the sudden movements when I role over or move my arms and legs. she also doesn't like it when she can see me but can't see my eyes so maybe thats part of it.

todd1984

helo im just going to kinda take a stab in the dark with yer lil friend. yes the viv on the floor not a good idea. maybe it as if you are indirectly making your self look huge to her by having the viv on the floor. allso they have good color perception so black socks with blue shoes. berdies when stressed/ angry will turn dark some have colbolt blue beards so maybe you are threating her by accident.
here is a good example of what happend to me with my Iguana. one day I got dressed had a red and green shirt on with blue jeens. so I approch his room lol with his food and the guy charges me and I yelled and stood my ground and well 25 stiches to my ankle and some of the finest pain meds they had I realised this. " I look like a big male iguana holy schnaps batman." so I were grey and white colored cloths when I handle him.
I know this is a toatly diffrent herp but I think the concept could be simiular.
but good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom