Puff again! HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leeduh

So she was doing really good... and now i was feeding her tonight more so trying to... since i gotta use the syringe to do it... and she bite down HARD i heard a snap... and pulled it out of her mouth.... and saw blood...

I think she broke the bottom left side of her jaw... :( OMFG.

Can that heal itself? It doesnt seem to be bleeding much... but how am i going to feed her? She opened her mouth afterwards... but omg omg omg... what else can go wrong.. this has got to hurt bad, and i cant take her to the vet now til monday when they are open

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Oh geez I am sorry.Why do you think she broke her jaw?Are you sure the snap wasnt the plastic syringe?The blood could have been her cutting the inside of her mouth.Did she swallow it?It was plastic right?SHe opened her mouth after?How is she now?

Leeduh

Original Poster
vickson420":f9bfc said:
Oh geez I am sorry.Why do you think she broke her jaw?Are you sure the snap wasnt the plastic syringe?The blood could have been her cutting the inside of her mouth.Did she swallow it?It was plastic right?SHe opened her mouth after?How is she now?

It is defiantly broken... I was feeling each side, and i can push the broken side back in place.... Her teeth arent lined up right now....

She was moving around in her cage.... after i left her a lone.... HOPEFULLY it isnt causing her much pain...

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Oh I see,ok your going to have to get her to the vet as soon as you can.I dont know how badly its damaged at this point but she definately is going to need vet intervention and to have the jaw immobilized.I wouldnt even attempt feeding her anything until you get her to the vet.They might be able to either "glue" (liquid suture)the area or possibly even immobilize and have some sort of feeding tube placed in so she can be fed but first and foremost she needs XRays to see exactly whats going on.Does your vet have Saturday appointments?

Leeduh

Original Poster
vickson420":ca9b2 said:
Oh I see,ok your going to have to get her to the vet as soon as you can.I dont know how badly its damaged at this point but she definately is going to need vet intervention and to have the jaw immobilized.I wouldnt even attempt feeding her anything until you get her to the vet.They might be able to either "glue" (liquid suture)the area or possibly even immobilize and have some sort of feeding tube placed in so she can be fed but first and foremost she needs XRays to see exactly whats going on.Does your vet have Saturday appointments?

They do however they are only open until 12, and i have to take my son out at 10 to the movies, so i won't be able to get in until Monday... At least, and that even depends if they can get me in on that day... I have a doctors appointment monday too...

She seems to be okay... SEEMS.... Im not gonna attempt to feed her again..... If i do ill just try to put it on the front of her mouth or something.... She opened her mouth after it happened.. because i kept messing with it... and i guess she was trying to make it more comfy feeling?

However i do have to give her meds.... in the AM... i dont know how that is going to work.. i guess i could try to put it in on the other side....

I still can't believe it...

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Honestly I wouldnt until you speak with the vet you could damage it further.Call the vet in the am and see wat he says.If there is no way you can get her in then maybe they could tell you the best way to brace it until monday while your giving meds.I am sorry I wish I could tell you what more to do but this is one of those things that must have quick vet intervention and there really is no at home remedy.I am going to send Tracie a PM,she may have a better idea for the short term.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Geez, so sorry to hear that! There is no home treatment other than wrapping up her mouth & jaw area with gauge to try & keep it aligned. Which meds are you giving right now?
If you cannot get her to simply lick the meds off of the end of a dropper or syringe, then I highly suggest not trying to get the syringe into the other side of her mouth because if she bites down that could throw her jaw off even more or injure her other side.
Sometimes their jaws heal up quickly while others don't heal up as well. If the bones are strong, then she should not have a problem with her jaw healing up. They will need to set it though or use some cement type of bond that they use for molding mouth devices to keep that side set. A feeding tube can be used. The vet could insert a feeding tube to the stomach & feed enough to last her for a week or so, at a time. It would be hard for you to get that feeding tube into her with her jaw as it is & you have to make sure to miss the glottis so she doesn't aspirate.
You are going to try to get her to the vet on monday?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom