Psychic Reptiles??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
I just want to share an odd little story with you and see what you all reckon...
So early November last I posted here asking why my beardie Dennis had suddenly come out of brumation and yet would not eat. Well, as the next two weeks went by he got more agitated and not only that but my other beardie Raffa, my Iguana, the geckos and even our snakes started to refose food and get more agitated. Obviously we were very worried but it was winter and the weather had been a bit odd.

Then one Thursday morning the river close to us burst it's banks flooding the end of our back garden. I left for work only to get sent home three hours later as the flooding was getting worse and more and more roads were being cut off. By the time I got home my road was impassable by vehicle so I had to park the car and wade to my house. To my horror there was already half a foot of water downstairs despite local men sandbagging all my doors. Immediatly I went in and started getting what enclosures I could upstairs. My partner then came home and we got animals into temporary enclosures upstairs and safe. While he worked to get some electricity on in the upstairs I did my best to calm my babies (and myself). Over the course of the night half a foot of water became three and we recieved word that we were being emergency evacuated by the civil defence (not including the animals...cue major hysterics on my part :cry: :cry:) Anyhow, very very long story shortish we got them out two days later (after sneaking in to see and feed them already...but they were all still on hunger strike) we moved house and the MINUTE they got in the door of the new place they all started eating savagely again and haven't stopped since!!
So, what do you reckon, did they somehow sense it coming? It's all so strange but I know animals can be affected by the weather...
Sarah

RolandKyramere

Sub-Adult Member
I know that animals are usually very good at sensing weather patterns, however, this is a story I have not heard of. Glad to hear that everyone made it out safe!

Very interesting story,and all the more interesting because the river near our house just flooded and my reptiles acted a little strange... glad to hear you guys and your babies are doing okay!

lilblack94gt

Hatchling Member
Wow... I have heard of animals being able to sense changes in weather. That is kind of crazy. :shock: Glad you and your babies are ok!

dolcedragon

Sub-Adult Member
I don't know how you did it; I would have spazzed out! So glad that everyone is ok. I definitely believe that animals can sense things that humans just don't pay attention to, but who knows what happened.

isabelleandpaul

Juvie Member
I read in the newspaper here that the journalist covering someone in Haiti said that dogs bark all the time and roosters scream all day in Port-au-Prince. The next day was the earthquake...
Animals do feel stuff we don't.

Livey

Extreme Poster
they always seem to no when the light is gunna go 2!
if its in the middle of the day, nunu cowers in the corner 1 minute before it blows and then come back out???
Also the weather yes, when it snowed they slowed down with the eating, good job as i struggled to get food from the shop. i think they saw that coming 2!
clever creatures really :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stocam01
Top Bottom