Prolapse????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
Hello all, well today in Gizmos bath i saw that she was really straining very hard, which is unusual for her, i took her out and she carried on. I got worried and lifted her tail slightly, and OMG saw what looked like urate (white) surrounded by a blood sack, like a prolapse. She stopped straining and everything went back to normal straight away.

She had been staying in the pet shop while i was on holiday, and her urates were very hard, could this be the problem?? She gets baths every day (she potty trained and i dont like her to hold it!) ive been leaving her in for at least 20min a day to try and soften up the urates.

I was soooo worried i nearly busrt out crying! If it happenes again what should i do?? Ive given some olive oil as i would if she were impacted.....

Cheers, Buggsy

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
I bet that was scary.
I do know that if she does get a prolapse, you can soak her in some sugar water, but dont know the temps or concentration. Figured I would at least throw out that much though, and bump up your post. Hope she will be ok.

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Well she passed it fine this morning! I am so relieved!!!

It was a HUGE urate, rock hard and orange tinted. Bless her, they ,must have been giving her calcium every day! Seems like the olive oil did the trick, but ill remember the sugar water if it every happens again.
Im laying off the calcium the rest of this week and continuing long baths every day to try and soften the up. I feel so bad for her, but she is fine, eating well and showing lovely happy colours. I even got lots of kisses this morning!

Thanks all

Buggsy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom