Progress!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

trinity040400

Juvie Member
After having my first beardie, Tohru, for a year he finally let me pick him up!!!

He is a very grumpy dragon and he is finally starting to calm down. I would like to take him out and let him run around but I am afraid that he will run under something and get lost. I have 4 cats and a dog and if they get a hold of him it would be very bad.

I take my other beardie Kira out and let her run around in the bathroom. I always hear about people sitting and watching tv while their dragon falls asleep on them. How do you keep them from running and getting lost?

lilgreeneyes

Juvie Member
That is wonderful that Tohru is calming down. A little trick you can try if you'd like to have have cuddles with him, just get him out when it's getting close to his bedtime. At this time, he should be calmed down and basically ready to snuggle to go to sleep. After awhile of doing this, he should start being more calm when you get him out at different times during the day.

If you would like to take your beardie outside, you could possibly get him a leash/harness. There is a lady on here that sells them I think. Just go under the for sale section and look for (ooglepets) I think that is what the name is.

Hope this helps. :)

trinity040400

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thats the funny thing about Tohru I have tried to pick him up when he is about to sleep or when he is sleeping and man did I end up with one MAD dragon.

He puffs up, turns black, hisses and arches like he wants to bite me. :angry5:

We have TONS of hawks around here so I think that is not the safest thing to take him outside. My friend had a parrot she always took outside and would have them swoop and try to snatch it. :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom